This vacancy has now expired... why not:
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Minimum of a completed Mechanical / Piping Engineering degree
- Must have 10 Years’ experience in a Construction environment – petrochemical , oil and Gas
- Must be computer literate (MS Office Suite)
- Must be Local
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbal
- Must be able to plan work accordingly to meet tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Must be able to work in a team driven environment with minimal supervision
- Good organisation and time management skills
- While on construction sites and in the development of relationship with clients, work towards continuing to source ongoing work for the company.
- The Construction Manager should call a preparatory meeting before construction on site begins. This should normally be held on site where it is practical to do so.
- The preparatory meeting will be attended by the Project for the project and by the area supervisor who will have responsibility for the project. Where a project has designated Project Engineer he will also attend. The Construction Manager may have others attend if he feels it is important to the successful undertaking of the project.
- The meeting will agree a detailed program covering all aspects of the progression of the project; this will include a detailed timetable for project completion.
Project under Construction
- Discuss and assess problems encountered by the staff on site. Assess need for additional and input of labour, supervision and equipment during the course of construction.
- Ensure that methods of work are up to date, efficient and in accordance with company and client safety policies and Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure construction / installation keeps to budget / plan.
- Investigate and account for any deviations from budget Manhours.
- Ensure exporting and control procedures are operated correctly on all site under your control.
Organization on Site
- Ensure construction organization is adequate, that staff at all levels understand their role and responsibilities and that effective delegation takes place.
- Report to the Project Manager, on all aspects of construction in a detail and at intervals as determined by him.
- Ensure compliance with the functional authority of the Project Manager.
- Keep up to date in developments in contracting.
- Advise the Project Manager as requested or any desirable changes in methods of work or on work practice and control.
- Set an example of loyalty, enthusiasm and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- Ensure that work practices and installation meet required quality standards.
- Ensure that you familiarise yourself with the scope of work, programme and specification of the project.
- Ensure that you understand the extent of the subcontractors work and be fully conversant on same.
- Familiarise yourself with the programme, planned hours, ratios material as per B.O.M. and ensure that these parameters are met.
- Short term programme are to be made in relation to overall programme and highlight access, hold-ups.
- Ensure that a daily histogram is maintained on all site happenings.
- Ensure that transport, tools, plant and equipment are maintained in proper working order and not abused.
- Ensure that the project is carried out to the highest standard of work, to the client’s satisfaction and clients regulations.
- Ensure that no work outside the scope of our contract is carried out without prior written approval from the client. Ensure that all day works are signed on a dailybasis. Ensure that tools/plants/equipment/transport is charged on day works where applicable.
- Ensure that the Foreman are fully conversant with the program and ratios and that they operate within their parameters.
- Ensure that major delays are highlighted during the course of the project
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.
Location: Cape Town
Duration: Limited Duration Contract
In Terms of the SNC-Lavalin Employment Equity policy, preference will be given to applicants who are disabled or from a previously disadvantaged background. If you have not heard from us within one month of your application, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice