Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Sweeny, TX, and reports to our Site Supervisor, Mechanical and Piping. It is responsible for providing technical expertise for all phases of FEL, implementing good work process to ensure accurate schedules that will assist in developing good economic decisions by Phillips 66 management. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provides the technical support to ensure that the project schedule is maintained to client’s satisfaction.
- Prepares reports for operations team and management regarding project scheduling activities.
- Correlates schedule, cost, and risk assessments through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Provides recommendations for corrective action due to delays in certain aspects of the project.
- Develops schedules in Primavera for projects during all stages of the project.
- Works with client staff and sub-contractors to develop and status schedules for their project components.
- Ensures project schedule activities are coded by the project work breakdown structure for cost / schedule integration and analysis.
- Defines and optimize critical paths, perform total float analysis and notify project management status of critical activities and schedule risks.
- Conducts recovery plans, contingency planning and schedule compression techniques.
- Supports monitoring of contract actual progress versus planned progress and key performance indicators, provide exception reporting, and recommend actions.
- Produces consolidated progress reports and analysis with bar charts, S-curves, manpower histograms.
- Provides support on development of project cost expenditure forecast curves.
- Performs schedule risk analysis (gather data, input data, analyze, report) on a periodic basis or as required.
- Seeks innovation in scheduling and execution plans that could improve project economics.
- Develops construction field installation work packages (FIWPs) schedule based on level 4 and integration with engineering / procurement work packages.
- Supports as liaison with the project team regarding scheduling activities and assisting them in determining schedule priorities.
- Attends project teams and sub-contractors’ meetings.
What will you contribute?
- Post-secondary education or university engineering degree (preferred).
- Minimum 10 years work experience in a similar position.
- Construction project planning expertise gained across a range of large, complex, multi-disciplinary projects, with a sound understanding of project management principles and application.
- Relevant experience on mining and metallurgy projects.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Comfortable with P6 and computer systems and software.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive detailed oriented and have a good knowledge of planning techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with client, subcontractors and staff at all levels.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs