Planning & Reporting Supervisor
Planning & Reporting Supervisor
Why Join Us?
SNC- Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada's leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
SNC-Lavalin and our “Minor Warships & Auxiliary Vessels” (MWAV) team is currently looking for a Planning & Reporting Supervisor (PRS). Reporting to the Local Operations Manager (LOM), the PRS oversees the Planned Maintenance Technicians, Specification Writers, and the Engineering Change Coordinators, and performs reviews and analysis of data and deliverables as required by the MWAV contract. The PRS ensures all MIS data developed by the PRS Section is correct, accurate, and up-to-date. The PRS ensures that changes generated and submitted meet contract requirements. The PRS assists the LOM to ensure strict adherence to the quality, environmental, health, and safety programs. The PRS develops and tracks KPIs for the MWAV project and PRS Section as directed by the LOM.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Oversight of the Technical Support team;
- High level planning, schedule development and schedule monitoring of dockings, extended readiness vessels, Engineering Change (EC) implementations, and PM/CM work;
- Provide input to the Work Period Schedule and the Contract Master Schedule;
- Interpret contractual documents and supervise assigned employees in implementing requirements;
- Assist with the development of budget and supplier contracts;
- Oversee the development and amendment of docking specifications and procedures;
- Complete necessary administrative activities required to properly initiate, monitor, track, and close work;
- Manage MIS data produced to ensure accuracy and adherence to policy and procedures;
- Develop KPIs, spreadsheets, and reports for analytical purposes;
- Motivate assigned employees to develop a strong team;
- Provide coaching and mentoring;
- Establish goals and development opportunities for direct reports. Monitor progress to ensure they are met;
- Perform oversight of all day to day ISS work onboard assigned vessels, payloads, and service providers;
- Assist with other duties as required
What you will contribute:
- The PRS shall have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the last five (5) years in the maintenance of vessels to commercial or military standards. Each one shall have at least one of the qualifications listed below:
- A former member of the Canadian Forces who served as a Chief Petty Officer of one the following technical trades: Marine Systems, Marine Electrician, Hull Technician, Naval Electronics Technician, or naval Weapons Technician; or
- A Marine or Combat Systems Engineering Officer with a Head of Department qualification or equivalent; or
- A civilian with a valid Certificate of Competency as a First Class Marine Engineer issued by the Canadian Ministry of Transport.
- Supervisory, management, and leadership training (e.g. CF Advanced Leadership Qualification or civilian equivalent);
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior leadership role in an engineering department at sea or a comparable position of authority ashore;
- A working knowledge of the major Classification society Rules, SOLAS, and Transport Canada;
- Training in project management is an asset;
- Must be familiar with ISSC waterfront activities and be fluent in the use of MIS;
- Sound understanding of DND internal workings and how its maintenance system works;
- Familiarization with ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001;
- Be conversant with MS Office software;
- Ability to obtain a security clearance of Level II;
- Training and experience in safe work practices including first aid, working at heights, confined space, personal protective equipment, LOTO, arc flash, WHMIS, etc.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs