Plumbing Designer/ Junior Engineer
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando office as a Plumbing Designer/ Junior Engineer.
MAJOR FUNCTION/ ROLE
Under supervision, performs routine engineering work for the design of plumbing and fire protection systems within buildings and other specialty structures while developing professional proficiency. On design assignments, works to learn how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving investigations and planning, works to learn the fundamentals of engineering processes and to apply them successfully to operating systems. On assignments involving construction activities, work to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering drawings and specifications into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and professional conduct.
- Designing plumbing systems for specific projects that comply with applicable codes and owner requirements.
- Designing fire protection systems for specific projects that comply with applicable codes and owner requirements.
- Producing construction documents using REVIT and/or AutoCadd.
- Editing specifications in SpecsIntact and Master Specs.
- Coordinate with other building trades.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in a branch of Engineering directly related to plumbing and fire protection systems.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in designing plumbing and fire protection systems is required of applicants with a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in designing plumbing and fire protection systems for non-degreed applicants.
- REVIT and AutoCadd proficiency.
- E. I or EIT is desired.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.