Practice Manager - Digital Asset Management
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe is investing in developing cross-sector Digital Asset Management capabilities with a primary focus on Highways and Rail in the first instance. The Technical Director – Asset Management Transformation is a key role which will be pivotal in shaping the future of this capability.
The Digital Asset Management team is responsible for winning and delivering Digital Asset Management projects across the Transportation sector in the UK. Clients and Targets include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Transport for Wales, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL, Train Operators and ROSCOEs, together with industry bodies such as the Rail Delivery Group and RSSB. We offer a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to the needs of our clients, building on the expertise which other parts of the SNC Lavelin Atkins Group offers.
- Relevant Engineering-related Degree
- Further post-graduate qualifications preferred (e.g. PhD)
- Institute of Asset Management membership (preferably)
- Chartered status of a recognised Institution relevant to Transportation
- Experience in shaping and selling asset management related consultancy projects
- Significant experience of developing strategic Asset Management transformation and business change plans for clients in Infrastructure industries, preferably Transportation
- Experience in developing end to end asset management solutions including risk based asset maintenance strategies and frameworks to support investment planning
- Experience in leading teams delivering bespoke asset management solutions such as policy, strategy, investment planning, asset valuations and development of decision support frameworks
- Demonstrable experience of the principles of Asset Management and how an organisation’s corporate strategy affects Asset Management priorities and approaches to asset management operating model design
- Experience of leading and managing teams of strategic consultants
- Experience in leading bid teams responding to large scale asset management consultancy projects
- Experience in shaping and delivering asset management transformation programmes for clients in asset intensive industries
- Understanding of the capabilities of modern asset management technology platforms and development of asset data and systems strategy in support of Asset Management transformation
- Understanding of Design and Construction processes as they relate to asset management
The Practice Manager – Asset Management Transformation is responsible for:
- Shaping proposals for work on Asset management strategy and transformation
- Delivering advisory and transformational work with clients as engagement lead – managing a team of consultants or working independently
- Acting as Technical Reviewer/SME on Asset Management transformation and advisory work
- Assisting in the shaping of Digital Asset Management Advisory, Consulting and Managed service offerings
- Owning DAM’s Asset Management Transformation capability development
- Leading selected client relationships, maximising the Consultancy opportunities
- Contributing to thought leadership in the Asset Management industry e.g. through presenting at conferences, writing technical journals etc
You will have significant experience of working with senior client teams to understand requirements and shape the “to be” asset management capability. This means you will have excellent communications skills, together with the ability to develop solid working relationships with clients from a varied background. You will have demonstrable sales experience gained through working as part of a team to shape and deliver against opportunities, some of which will have been gained through responding to formal bids. You will have the ability to innovate strategically and also shape delivery within tightly constrained technical and business environments. You will also have experience of mentoring and contributing to developing the careers of more junior team members – potentially through direct line management.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.