Principal/ Associate PM
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is currently seeking an Airport Design / Project Manager to join the Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice and form part of its aviation team based in its Epsom or London office.
Atkins is renowned for an array of significant projects across Aviation, Cities & Development, Transport, Defence, Energy and Water markets. The Atkins Aviation team is founded on experience and dynamism, armed with a can-do attitude and underpinned by exemplary technical, engineering, operational and leadership backgrounds from across the aviation sector. It focuses on innovative design and technical excellence with a passion for completing projects on time, within budget and to the client's complete satisfaction.
We are looking for individuals who are creative, organised, self-motivated and collaborative with experience in co-ordinating and delivering designs in an airport environment. The candidate would ideally be a Chartered Civil Engineer with airfield and infrastructure design experience, including the successful management of delivery of schemes from concept to detailed design. The position requires credibility, competence and technical excellence as it will be a role working closely with industry leading clients, stakeholders and will necessitate the development, approval and implementation of robust design solutions through collaborative working, trust and proactive management of client demands.
The role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who wants to apply, improve and maximise his/her management and technical knowledge, leadership and client relationship skills within an environment where further progression will be very much supported and encouraged.
The role position and salary will be commensurate with your demonstrable qualifications and experience.
- Degree-qualified Civil Engineer
- Chartered Civil Engineer
- Experienced in airport infrastructure planning and design
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of airfield pavement design, aerodrome ground lighting, materials specification and maintenance including principles and application of UK and international design methods
- Proven track record in co-ordinating and delivering design solutions in the airports sector on time and to budget
- Knowledge of EASA, CAA, ICAO, DFT and UK Airport operator standards and design requirements
- Working knowledge of the Heathrow, Gatwick and DIO airports technical requirements and design processes would be an advantage
- Promoting technical innovation, best practice and technological advancements
- Ability to step in as a design task lead when required
- An understanding of the key drivers and challenges of airport design, specifically the interactions between aviation and airport operations, people and ground handling.
Management & Commercial
- Management and leadership of multi-disciplinary design teams including P&L accountability
- Excellent design and project management skills, commercial awareness, financial management skills and ability to deliver work across a range of contract types
- Ability to develop, agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverable
- Planning and control of technical resources to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Responsible for monthly financial reviews of projects and delivering the agreed design budget P&L
- Proven ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and contribute to a good working environment.
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills
- Leading and managing the submission of compelling bids and proposals within the governance framework in place
- Understanding of the business models adopted in the sector and project commercial and technical risks.
- Experienced in mentoring senior engineers, graduates and technicians
- Ability to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities with respect from colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- A winning attitude.
- Delivery for airport design projects
- Management and profitable delivery of our consultancy services
- Management and technical development of the engineering team
- Developing new and fostering existing client relationships
- Identifying and securing new opportunities
- Co-ordination and management of other discipline inputs into projects.
- Recognition that international work brings international travel, and a willingness to undertake commissions overseas.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.