Principal Environmental Consultant (Permitting)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and will have achieved chartered status and / or full or associate membership of a recognized professional body. They will have a wide range of skill sets and a willingness to become involved in a broad selection of projects, working collaboratively with a variety of technical specialists.
We are interested in individuals whose technical knowledge and practical experience includes the following:
- Technical drafting of Environmental Permits for a range of projects and industry sectors;
- Experience of conducting and coordinating BAT assessments;
- Environmental Auditing and regulatory compliance assessment;
- Process industry and combustion plant knowledge;
- Project Management;
- Experience of operational or engineering technical management at a regulated site;
- Computer literacy in common office software, such as the Microsoft Office suite
Knowledge /experience of the following would also be preferable
- Specifying and reviewing air quality dispersion modelling work;
- Development of environmental impact assessments, including application and use of the Environment Agency’s H1 Assessment Tool
- Resource and Energy Efficiency auditing and assessment.
- You will also have the opportunity to contribute towards the achievement of challenging targets relating to the development and extension of the business, client engagement, operational delivery and work winning. We will expect candidates to have strong verbal and written communication skills. We will be particularly interested in candidates with proven experience of industrial and / or regulatory consultancy or experience of front line regulation with regulatory bodies.
- You will join a progressive Environmental Assessment and Management team with a wide range of client interests within the public and private sectors and will play a key role in the development of Atkins’ services in the UK and overseas.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving chartership and corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.