Principal Environmentalist (15+ Years + CEng, UK)
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi-discipline technical services, Atkins is committed to design excellence and delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins Global Design Center (GDC), India is looking for experienced Principal Environmentalist to lead a team of experience environment professional.
• Building, developing and leading a large team of Environmental professionals
• Handling large and complex environment project
• Providing technical guidance on a number of projects
• Create and deliver strategy for the Environment group
• Prioritize the appropriate service offerings as per internal skill readiness
• Develop and Maintain best practices/techniques
• Full project management responsibility including technical delivery, team management, finance, and commercial
• Responsible for developing new and existing work streams such as Environment/Water Resources/Air Quality/Acoustics/Hydrology
• Graduate/ Post Graduate degree in a relevant engineering or science subject (e.g. geology, hydrogeology, environment, water resources)
• Post Graduate qualification in a relevant specialism would be desirable
• Chartered or actively working towards Chartered status through a relevant professional body
• Identify and provide solutions/ services for emerging trends in Environmental space
• Attract and induct talent to grow the environmental group
• Develop strong relationship with Environmental leaders within Atkins resulting in inflow of projects
• Proven track record of successful project management, competent in technical delivery, finance and commercial aspects in areas such as Environment/Water Resources/Air Quality /Acoustics /Hydrology.
• More than 10 years of experience in the relevant field.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, technical guidance and codes of practice.
Ideally the successful candidate would be able to demonstrate one or more of the following criteria:
• Proven ability to influence at the highest level and articulate a compelling business case for growth.
• Ability to work collaboratively and experience of working across virtual teams.
• Ability to secure commitment from individuals without formal line management authority.
• Able to create effective business development strategies and lead plans for major opportunities.
• Should have spent at 5+ years in a leadership role.
• Demonstrable evidence of ability to create and sustain long-term client relationships and coach/develop others to do likewise.
• A strategic thinker with the ability to understand and anticipate changing markets then turn thinking into action
• Highly motivated and proactive, confident and ambitious to establish, develop and grow the environment group.
• Customer focused and capable of maintaining strong relationships with a range of clients and contacts.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
Training & development
• Shape the technical capability of the workforce to the desirable level for the future whilst ensuring high quality delivery in the present.
• Delivers best in class quality optimised resource management whilst meeting and exceeding stakeholder expectations.
• Identify internal skill gaps and provide appropriate training.
• Work force planning, quality, and way forward on new tools and technology.
• Point of contact for workforce planning, skill and performance management needs.
• Point of contact for delivery measurement, reports, productivity status updates.
• Leverage automation opportunities to increase efficiency.