Principal Geotechnical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Ltd as a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group is one of the world's leading Engineering consultancies. Its Ground Engineering business is growing at a rapid rate with an impressive current portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects in the UK, Europe, Canada, Australia and the Middle East.
Atkins offers a comprehensive service in ground technology. With more than 300 professionals world-wide, Atkins’ geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering.
In this regard, we are seeking an experienced Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join our 40+ strong geotechnical team in Bangalore working in the transportation and infrastructure sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering business and to provide input to some of our most challenging projects.
At this moment, we need to increase our resources to meet the growing demands from our clients, especially in the infrastructure sector (particularly rail, highways & water). As a result, we’re looking to grow our team and looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future. We have the depth of knowledge and breadth of expertise to help you build a bright career in this exciting and rapidly evolving sector.
The successful applicant will be a principal geotechnical engineer with proven:
- Academic and professional qualifications
- Technical and project management track record
- Track record in managing large teams.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
- Chartered status with 20+ years of Ground Engineering experience
- Experience at managing large teams in a leading position
- Proven experience as a senior/principal geotechnical engineer in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment
- Proven geotechnical design experience
- Working familiarity with relevant technical Codes of Practice and geotechnical industry Standards.
- Fully versed with CDM 2015
- Highly experienced with geotechnical analysis software like PLAXIS (2D&3D) SLOPE/W, WALLAP, PDISP, VDISP & REPUTE.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work
- A willingness to travel on short assignments to the UK and overseas
- Work with the market and business development teams to engage with various regions and actively sell our technical capabilities
- Work with regional operations directors/leadership team in managing the performance of the Practice.
- Leading in developing our service line and delivering business development targets.
- To maintain and expand a portfolio of senior LPO’s Leads, PM’s and PD’s, maintaining excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure new and repeat business.
- Work with the GDC Business Director to ensure we have sufficient resources with the right skills to deliver our current and future market strategies and should be able to balance peaks and troughs.
- Work with the GDC Business Director/HR Partner to deliver Business KPI’s.
- Enthuse our people through effective performance and development plans that align to their career opportunities. Work with HR Partner, Learning & Development, in shaping and positioning the teams.
- Support the technical development of staff within the practice team to ensure the technical quality of project work meets the agreed requirements and specifications.
- Implementing GDC policies and procedures
- Stakeholder focused with a good level of relationship management skill.
- Strong reputation and high level of technical performance.
- Possessing an agile and winning attitude.
- Able to generate innovative outcomes to challenges and follow them through.
- Self-motivated towards improving personal and team development.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Should be able to identify and nurture future leaders.