Principal or Associate Waste Management Consultant
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Epsom/ London office is seeking a Principal or Associate Waste Management Consultant to play a key role in the Atkins Waste & Resource Management business. You will be responsible for leading and developing an established team, and winning and delivering work. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to further establish their career in the waste industry. The successful applicant should be stimulated by fresh challenges and have a desire to lead others. The applicant should have full membership of the Chartered Institute of Wastes Management or similar institute and ideally, have experience of working internationally and be willing to travel.
The candidate will have graduated with an Honours or Masters Degree in a relevant discipline and have strong experience in the waste management industry, in areas such as treatment technologies, waste planning and legislation, they should also be up to date with the current issues in the waste management sector.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a detailed knowledge, of the waste management industry.
- Be capable of working both independently and within project teams.
- Have strong problem-solving skills and communication skills.
- Be highly numerate and literate and have strong report writing and analytical skills.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of relevant codes of practice and legislation applicable to the waste management industry.
- Have highly detailed knowledge of solid waste treatment and management systems (including but not limited to: waste to energy, composting, advanced thermal treatment, recycling and landfilling).
- Ideally understand the carbon impacts associated with the waste industry and be able to analyse associated data.
- Ideally have experience of working overseas, particularly in the Middle East and Africa.
Role & Responsibilities
The role will require the candidate to lead the existing team and deliver technically excellent solutions for our clients. The successful candidate will lead and support on technical, practical and theoretical aspects of waste projects for both public and private sector clients in the UK and internationally. This will include, but not be limited to, waste strategies and strategy implementation, business planning, waste modelling and data analysis, legislative compliance, designing and planning waste management systems, waste audits and input into large waste infrastructure and masterplanning projects. The candidate will be required to lead projects, support business development and engage with clients, confidently responding to technical and financial queries.
• Highly motivated and proactive, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
• Flexible and prepared to take on new challenges.
• Willing to travel in both the UK and internationally.
Hold a valid UK driving license.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.