Principal Permanent Way Engineer
Principal Permanent Way Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life. "
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is formed by partners Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and TSO. The CRSA is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail’s recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
We are looking to recruit a Principal Permanent Way Engineer to join our Central Rail Systems Alliance team.
- A minimum of BTEC HNC qualified in Civil Engineering (or BA in an engineering field).
- Eng Tech from either PWI, ICE or IMech and willing to progress towards Incorporated or Chartered status.
- Experience in all aspects of permanent way design and the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway projects.
- Experienced at adhering to corporate assurance processes, recording design decisions and production of designer’s risk assessments.
- Ability to produce Technical reports.
- Experienced user of Bentley MicroStation, Bentley Rail Track design software production and proven record of working within a BIM environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK rail industry standards, policies and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of Gauging requirements and ClearRoute outputs.
- Experience of interfacing with Clients and excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to work flexibly to deliver projects to time and budget.
- Committed to the technical development of others.
- Experience of leading the PWay design on projects.
- Experienced user of ClearRoute 2 and ProjectWise.
- Experience of working on bids and leading single discipline aspects of bids.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planner
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs