Principal Structural Engineer
Atkins are looking to appoint a Principal Structural Engineer into our Exeter Structures team to help deliver our ambitious plans to develop and grow the Building Design practice in the Midlands and across the UK.
Atkins’ Building Design practice provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including; Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects both in the UK and abroad. As well as the role providing technical and creative challenges you will have the satisfaction of working on projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
• Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
• Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
• This should include experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices
• The ability to translate this broad range of technical skills into imaginative ideas which enhance the quality of our designs
• Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support our client relationships, assist in preparing bids and generally enhance our work winning capability.
• Experience of actively managing clients.
• Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes
• A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
• Experience of working with, and managing, small focused project teams.
• You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
• A curious minded individual who enjoys the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
• Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
• Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
• Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
• Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
• Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
• Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
• Be a technical champion within the team.
• Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Newcastle upon Tyne