Working within the Infrastructure North America Procurement Services Team, the Procurement Specialist is responsible for overseeing overall Procurement Activities required for the Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM) Canada Regional Groups (East/West). The Procurement Specialist ensures adherence to SNC Lavalin standard operating policies and procedures and communicates any deviations to the Contracts Manager and Business Services Manager. This role reports operationally and functionally to the Vice President of Procurement and Subcontracts Infrastructure.
Communication and integration with the EDPM teams regionally both East and West is critical to empower the Procurement Specialist to properly fulfil the Procurement Management obligations for the organization.
- Prepare bidding documents, meeting the project requirements and issuance of Request for Quotations.
- Receive quotations, proceed with the analysis and manage internal and external communication.
- Attend and lead negotiations with selected bidders before award and draft the recommendations for award.
- Ensure Level of Authority - Operationally (and/or Project) is conformed to and all commitments are approved as such.
- Prepare and issue Contract/PO documents ensuring they conform and reflect the ultimate agreement, and issue for approval/signature.
Administration of Agreements (including):
- Ensure compliance with standard project terms and conditions including requirements insurance, bonds and milestone payments.
- Expedite deliverables including progress reports and drawings and documentation submissions.
- Coordinate and lead meetings with vendors as required by the projects.
- Prepare and analyze compensation requests and progress billings.
- Preparation of any potential backcharges and or credits to be applied to the agreements.
- Identification and record keeping to validate potential Changes.
- Issuance of amendments or change notices.
- Ensure timely and accurate correspondence.
- Coordinate the close-out of contracts including final payment process (substantial or final completion and holdback releases).
- Maintaining excellent relationships with external vendors and clients.
- Work closely with the project management and engineering as well as other functional teams to ensure their deliverables meet the project requirements.
- Collaborate with the Legal and Commercial teams for any issues related to terms and conditions.
- Ensure all necessary information is input and managed in the corporations iProcurement systems (Oracle and Markview/Kofax).
- Coordination and Collaboration with the Accounts Payables team in Romania to ensure timely invoice registration, approvals and follow up on payments.
- Post-secondary degree and 5 to 10 years’ experience in Engineering/EPCM industry (or a combination of related experience and education)
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent bilingual oral and written French/English skills are mandatory requirements.
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and trusted with sensitive information.
- Awareness of both civil (Quebec) and common law contracting requirements and Canadian bid laws is an asset.
- Proficiency with programs within the Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
- Experience with Oracle, Markview/Kofax is beneficial.
- Able to work under pressure and effective multitasking; a dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to think critically and analytically while being assertive and persistent.