SNC-Lavalin Inc. Clean Power sector, is recruiting for an Intermediate level Procurement Specialist to join its commercial team in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The key duties of the role are as follows:
- To support specialist procurement functions within an EPCM mandate for a Crown Corporation
- To support general procurement functions across the Clean Power sector, working within EPC and EPCM portfolios
The role is office based in downtown Vancouver but may require travel to sites, supply chain and client offices, and related international travel as may be required from time to time.
The position reports functionally to a Clean Power Procurement Manager, and indirectly to Project Managers within EPC & EPCM environments.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the following roles and duties:
- Working within both internal and external client systems and processes, including automated workflows and approval chains
- Initiating, issuing and administering purchase orders and contracts through predetermined procedures
- Ensuring compliance with procurement requirements, policies and procedures
- Obtaining complete descriptions of items required and ensuring purchase and contract requisitions are properly authorized
- Developing Procurement Strategies, Contracting Plans, RFx packages, conformed contract documentation and other requests
- Soliciting competitive quotations, prices or tenders from potential suppliers
- Receiving and evaluating bids
- Preparing purchase recommendations
- Communicating with clients to secure approvals for purchase in accordance with established procedures
- Placing orders and maintaining all documents to monitor suppliers’ performance and conformance to commercial terms
- Interacting as required with the project team to monitor progress and review amendments, and assisting at post award meeting to ensure understanding between client and suppliers on all contractual matters
- Preparing formal amendments for approved changes and manage, prepare, issue and control request for changes
- Work collaboratively with the project team in the development of all procurement project related documentation
- Developing new sources of supply
- Developing inventory forecasts (trending)
- Identifying problem areas and initiating or recommending corrective action through supervisor
- Makes routine decisions and recommendations within established guidelines and procedures
- Exercises some judgment in selecting which methods are applicable in any given situation
- Other administrative duties as required by the Clean Power procurement procedures
- High school graduate, preferably holding relevant college diploma, and at least (2) two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement functions preferably gained within a civil engineering or power industry contracting environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the construction processes by which engineering projects are be undertaken
- Demonstrated ability in standard procurement procedures and practices
- General understanding of public procurement processes and policies
- Developed knowledge of procurement processes, systems, techniques, sourcing strategy, supplier management and contract management
- Knowledge of and results in multi-step, structured category management or business improvement/planning processes
- Experienced in preparing and issuing reports and relevant documentation
- Comprehension of contractual Terms and Conditions in conjunction with established procurement policies
- Knowledge of import regulations an asset
- Exceptional verbal and written English language communication skills. Bilingual ability in French language an asset.
- Ability to manage change and conflict
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and multi-task
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
- Dedicated team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Well developed inter-personal and client-facing skills
- Working towards or attaining certification with relevant organizations such as IoSCM, APICS, PMAC or similar
- Knowledge of Project ERP systems (SAP, Oracle etc.)
- Proficient in use of MS Office products such as, Outlook, Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- General understanding of Public Procurement, NWPTA, NAFTA.