Product Specialist - IT Support
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most exciting design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships, creating a world that enriches lives through the implementation of our ideas.
Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the transport, infrastructure, energy, aerospace and defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
Purpose of the team/role
Digital Engineering Systems (DES) team deliver and support product and tools, and enhancements to those products and tools, covering requirements such as document management, design collaboration, multi-discipline design, project controls, asset operations and project & portfolio management.
As Product Specialist, working as part of a small team this is an exciting opportunity to build on experience in process excellence in a technical environment.
- Be responsible for the support, delivery, on-going success and continuous improvement of digital products or services in the Digital Engineering space.
- Experience in 'third level' support and implementation of tools and services in a multi disciplinary engineering environment will be essential in this role.
- Well-rounded individual who will contribute to a highly effective team delivering product service support to our customers.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support a portfolio of applications in a BAU Service orientated environment and in support of Bids.
- Use a deep product knowledge to support solutions at 3rd and 4th line, and with a “fix it once” mind set, passing documented solutions and scripts to 1st and 2nd line support functions.
- Build and maintain relationships with the 3rd party software providers to establish positive working relationships and establish supply chain efficiencies.
- A breadth and depth of knowledge in products and services associated with Digital Engineering and have an excellent understanding of the designer tool set used across various business sectors, examples being Bentley ProjectWise, Cabinet, Documentum, Aconex, TeamCenter, Autodesk Vault and Sharepoint.
- Experience of CAD and modelling design tools, examples being Bentley MicroStation, AECOsim, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Revit and Infoworks ICM
- Proactive and able to identify and deliver improvements and new products to meet the demands of the business and bring cost and process efficiencies, backed up with a good understanding of the market offerings in the Digital Engineering space.
- An entrepreneurial and resourceful drive with appreciation of user-experience, business and commercial issues.
- Experience of working with software suppliers and vendors.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.