This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
Reporting to the Senior Director of MMM and Risk, and supporting the Production Control Manager and the Manufacturing manager, the successful candidate will be coordinating production plans and schedules for multiple projects in the machine shop, fabrication shop, Instrumentation and Controls lab, Inspection department, Metallurgy and clean room within the Manufacturing and materials management department. This role is expected to work closely with the teams from these departments.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Help support development of project production schedules by taking inputs from various sources (team meetings, and directly from the Production controls and Manufacturing managers), and to help them identify product and service activities during project execution.
- Coordinate the development and application of work breakdown structures.
- Use planning and scheduling capabilities of JobBoss ERP Job Shop Management Solutions system.
- Identify and report on critical path using critical float path analysis.
- Support the creation of reporting graphics including Gantt charts and activity network diagrams.
- Support the daily SP3 planning meeting
- Participate in material requirement planning improvements/implementation team meetings for individual projects.
- Support the co-ordination of warehouse and production unit activities.
- Prepare and maintain project progress and other reports.
- Support the review of long-term forecasts in order to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues and help the Production Controls manager recommend appropriate action.
- Assist in creating, maintaining, and ensuring execution actions of the Production Schedule.
- Review demand and supply to understand bottleneck and propose alternative capacity or areas needing capacity improvement to meet demand.
- Constantly look for improvements and help implement solutions.
- Perform ongoing analysis of weekly, monthly and future capacity to optimize product level loading and achieve manufacturing continuity during low and high-volume months.
- Work with the Materials coordinator to ensure a controlled flow of approved raw materials are on order or in stock in order to meet production requirements.
- Advice management of the status of work in progress and any potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Provide solutions to planned scheduling conflicts immediately and provide alternative scheduling for conflicts that arise.
- Work with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes with scheduling.
- Perform monthly and annual Physical inventory counts.
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status and location of materials.
- Establish and manage a project performance management system using baseline information in the estimate.
- Work with project management to set goals, objectives, and success factors and analyze project status.
- Assess progress measurement and develop/update progress curves for project reporting.
Maintain and update schedules and forecasts to reflect the project changes and trends
What will you contribute?
- Post-Secondary qualifications or working towards a University degree.
- Up to 3 years of related manufacturing experience required
- Knowledge of Production planning and control methods and familiarity of nuclear industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Previous experience with MRP and ERP systems is a minimum requirement.
- Experience with Jobboss ERP is required.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy and people skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing,
- Excellent team working skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs