This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Due to continued success in KSA, Faithful+Gould are now seeking an experienced PMO/ Programme Director to join our already established team in Riyadh to oversee a major programme of work.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- Lead a PMO team in executing our contracted PMO services.
- Define the PMO strategy and lead the design and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects within the programme.
- Lead the execution of a PMO governance, reporting and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organisational programme activity.
- Defining benefits management plans and establishment of performance management tools and key performance indicator reporting aligned with programme strategy.
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects within the programme to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated.
- Identify and define the major strategic issues for the organisation and integrate diverse stakeholder interests with the broader agenda to inform the development and prioritisation of initiatives and to proactively understand and mitigate risks.
- Define governance strategies and organisational policies to enable the strategic coordination of multiple projects and initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of projects.
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assess cross-functional project team capability, provide coaching, training and support to enhance the project/program management capability, and improve collaborative development and project results.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance with the company Integrated Management System.
- Develop organisational breakdown structures and human resourcing requirements including formal routes of reporting and internal team development appraisals.
- Manage the fee commission on behalf of the business including fulfilling technical and scope obligations of the consultancy contract.
- Effective management of internal job costing in relation to the fee and of resource requirements.
- Service delivery to clients and act as primary interface, ensuring Faithful+Gould secure the client’s confidence.
- Identifying new and innovative project management approaches and tools and embed these in the behaviour and day to day activities of the organisation’s operations
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimal requirement of Degree in relevant discipline from a reputable University.
- Preference will be granted to those candidates with specific PMO accreditation from international Project Management organisations.
- Minimum of 20 years project management experience demonstrating relevant PMO management experience.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the effective delivery of PMO duties from initial brief through delivery to final completion.
- Productive supervision of subordinates including adequate planning, monitoring and control
- Ability to manage a team on major/complex programmes/projects.
- Effective team control and building of team spirit/culture.
- Management of resources through collaboration with business leaders.
- Retaining existing clients for further work and securing new clients.
- Ability to represent Faithful+Gould at executive level meetings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of overall PMO requirements and the ability to advise client’s knowledgably on overall project management issues
- Demonstrate effective leadership and high commitment in order to achieve goals
- Excellent communications skills; including report writing and presentation skills
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 25 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.