Project Controls Specialist-Shoreline
Project Controls Specialist-Shoreline
Project Controls Specialist
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labor. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Project Control Specialist will be responsible in providing project control support to ongoing projects and supporting the company’s estimating and construction teams to ensure that the company’s project control system is properly implemented and utilized.
Functions and Responsibilities:
• Overall responsibility for compliance of assigned projects with project controls standards - both from applicable contract documents and from Aecon project controls policies/guidelines.
• Participate in developing, establishing and maintaining the company’s project cost /control systems.
• Participate in proposal and estimating efforts to ensure continuity between project estimates and project baseline
• Review the project contract and ensure that all the contract conditions (invoicing, reporting, change management, etc.) are applied and fulfilled, project tracking and reporting, and project closeout
• Monitor the project performance and ensure that all the project control system is properly implemented.
• Generate all required project status reports for internal management and for the customer, including the overall project Dashboard, project performance report (Earned Value, SPI, CPI, etc),
• Responsible to maintain a change management system in compliance with contract conditions and Aecon’s procedures; monitor and enforce the change management system for assigned projects
• Responsible to communicate, train and generally ensure full understanding by project staff of project controls processes and their applicable responsibilities
• Review and analyze the project control reports (i.e. progress and productivity) with the project control leads and project team and suggest corrective actions to maintain reasonable (around 1-PF) performance/productivity.
• Review and analyze the project scheduling and cost reports and suggest corrective actions to maintain the project within anticipated cost and schedule.
• Prepare and update project cash flows.
• AS required, produce custom reports per request of customer or internal management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• 5-10 years of related experience is preferred.
• College and/or University degree in related field, OR applicable work experience
• Applied knowledge of the “Earned Value” principles.
• Applied knowledge of Project Management and Project Controls principles, including experience with concepts of PMBOK
• Ability to produce read and manipulate schedules and scheduling curves/reports.
• Applied knowledge of cost engineering/cost control.
• Intermediate to expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Organizational skills in order to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work site environment.
• Interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
• Willingness for continuous learning and advancement of technical knowledge.
• Detail oriented and customer focused.
Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment. Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred
What we offer at Candu Energy Inc:
At Candu, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.):
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary: These jobs are open for all job levels and will be assessed based on experience and skills.
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At Candu, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Candu cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin / Candu, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs