Project Coordinator (12 months; Courtice, Ontario)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for the co-ordination of engineering and construction work. This role will require continuous communication with all project team members, and will be responsible for identifying, planning and implementing various scopes of work
- Plans and implements an engineering and construction program, including defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and manpower requirements
- Develops and maintains the project schedule and budget for the engineering and construction segments of the project
- Provides status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Identifies project manpower requirements and coordinates manpower with appropriate trades and subcontractors
- Maintains meeting minutes
- Identifies risks to Risk Manager and identifies actions for entering into the action tracking log
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensures customer needs are met
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
- Assists and monitors safety programs and statistics as required
- Writes and reviews purchase specifications and subcontract documents
- Active involvement in quality assurance with regards to understating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Coordination and planning of all TGR series activities.
- Develop material handling plans for each critical construction activity utilizing 3D modeling.
- Special projects/initiatives (process improvements)
- Preparation of Construction Work Packages (CWPs)
- Technical (Engineering or Engineering Technology) education
- 5+ years of engineering and/or construction project experience
- Proficient written (report writing) communication skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
- Preference will be given to those with a mechanical background (turbine/generator/crane refurbishments)
- Preference will be given to those with nuclear outage planning experience
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles