Project Coordinator - Photogrammetry
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
The role of Geomatics Project Coordinator is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right person to gain experience in managing a team of Photogrammetry & mapping specialists, 3D Infrastructure modellers and ensuring effective delivery of projects across disciplines. The nature of work is inclusive at the minimum but not limited to basic constraints mapping for our environment teams, managing large scale data capture projects, photogrammetry data processing, LiDAR data Processing, UAV data processing and 3D infrastructure modelling.
The role requires allocation of all duties related to the general day to day running of the Geospatial discipline. With the support of the senior staff, should have the ability to instruct, train, mentor and monitor the team, to undertake work to the set standards. Allocate staff and IT resources to projects in order to meet the project deadlines. Identifying the training needs of the weak production staffs in the team. Communicate challenges to senior staff and resolve any technical issues that arise. Manage the team in a fair and equitable manner to ensure efficiency. To ensure compliance to the GDC Business Management System (BMS).
- Perform day to day Geomatics tasks of any level (data management, topo mapping, quality, delivery, etc. as per need basis) for any Client.
- Assess new technologies and develop new areas of capability. Undertake new and improved technical processes and new product development.
- Work independently or part of a team, assess methods required, understand specifications, carry out various mapping tasks in the following list; (not exhaustive and expert knowledge not necessary for all tasks)
- Topographic aerial mapping (various scales) – requires stereo acuity
- LiDAR Classification and Mapping (Airborne, Mobile and Static)
- Aerial Triangulation
- UAV data Processing
- 3D modelling of the built environment
- 3D data processing and visualisation, including fly throughs and VR
- Orthophoto production
- Digitising of plans
- Computer Processing of data to CAD stage
- Project progress and reporting
- Technical Assurance and reporting
- Adherence to QA procedures
Communication & Verbal Skills:
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. An excellent knowledge of English. Ability to negotiate and deal with Project Managers across global regions on a day to day basis. Able to deal and motivate staff and earn loyalty and respect.
- Able to define and articulate ideas with clarity.
- Able to prepare Project reports and reporting as per the needs of the BMS.
- Either a Degree in Geomatics or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in Photogrammetry and LiDAR technology.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in using DAT/EM, Terrasolid, TopoDOT, Inpho, Photoshop and its extensions, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Micro station V8i, 3DS Max, Revit, & other leading software’s.
- Work closely with the clients to identify areas for technical improvement.
- Experience of working in a multinational consultancy.
- Overseeing and monitoring of work and reviewing at meetings, progress with the Project Managers.
- Controlling mapping production and quality assurance (requires stereo/LiDAR acuity) for assigned projects.
- Progress reports to the Project Manager as required.
- Day to day control of assigned projects, and specialist activities.
- Assist the Project Manager in the analysis and solution of all technical problems relevant to the Department.
- Assist Project Manager overall business development, including marketing and internal reporting of working statistics.
- To arrange and supervise AutoCAD work carried out by mapping and GIS staff in line with project requirements
- Responsible for the team.
- Working to set budgets and timescales. Able to assess results and draw conclusions/make recommendations. Gain knowledge of department management.
- Display strong team management skills.
- Good Leadership qualities.
- Responsible for team’s productivity, holding team meetings to assess current and future workload.
- Proactive business development in the discipline areas and across Atkins Businesses.
- Carry out teams’ annual appraisals.
- Responsible for learning and development requirements of the team.
- Ensure the team is motivated and maintain communication to enable two-way feedback on any issues to be given and received.
- Act as Line Manager for team members.
- Enable team members to achieve their career aspirations.
- Be fully self-motivated, pro-active and able to work to tight and personally set deadlines without supervision.