Project Director (Airport)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Location: Southeast Asia
The project director would be responsible for -
• The PMO oversees the full project management
• Overall Project delivery responsibility for ATKINS at Site, on behalf of the client, as identification in various “Contract Deliverables” listings. (And as directed in the Client’s formal Delegation of Authority).
• Acts as the Client’s direct interface/ point of contact at site.
• Formulates the project overview strategy and formalizes the project’s detailed execution process.
• Provides coordination between site team, Client, Contractors, and ATKINS Design Team.
• Attends and chairs meetings at the site with Client, consultants, contractors as ATKINS principal representative.
• Coordinates and runs the ATKINS Site Team at the Project site.
• Takes all decisions, in consultation with the Client, for timely progress of the project.
• Facilitates the expeditious execution of the construction work by the appointed contractor(s).
• Leads the attainment of ATKINS HSE principles across the complete Project’s and ensures all ATKINS staff comply with the requisite site HSE standards.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
• Ensures Contractors Project Execution Methodology is formally approved and enacted.
• Coordinates Contract Administration, overview and control activities within the Site Team.
• Undertakes Project construction activity co-ordination with the Client and the PMCM Team.
• Undertakes the preparation and directs the adoption of documented ATKINS Quality Assurance Procedures & Guidance (Project QMP Preparation)
• Formally leads the preparation of the Project’s Risk and Opportunities Register and notifies the Client on actions and contingencies that are potentially required to mitigate the identified risks.
• Ensures ATKINS staff adherence to Project Responsibility Matrix, Roles and Responsibilities listing and Client directed actions & Procedures.
• Coordinates the scope of service for each ATKINS project team member assigned to the Project Site.
• Keeps track of the overall progress of the project works and addresses delay mitigation strategies in collaboration with the ATKINS Construction Manager.
• Establishes the Project’s Document Control Centre at the site and ensures the hard copy maintenance of Contract Documentation and Quality Records.
• Provides draft letters, directives, memos and Instructions for release by the Client Representative to the Contractor. (Or directly to contractors if provided with the requisite Delegation of Authority).
• Coordinates with the Client’s authorized Site Representative(s) on all matters pertaining to the project activities being undertaken on the site.
• Provides an overview and final sign off / checking of any Technical Papers prepared by ATKINS staff and issued from Site.
• Reviews Progress Payments claimed by contractors and concludes with the Package Project Managers on validity and due payment.
• Enforce ethics and compliance policy including Third Party payment, Sub-consultancy engagement process and Gift and Entertainment policy
Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Aeronautical, Structural, Construction Management or equivalent.
Total twenty (20) years and above work experience post qualifications.
Minimum of 15 years in a position as Project Manager Operations for PMC (Either on site or in design)
Minimum of 3 years as a Project Director on Airports construction site.
• Understands the construction technicalities of Airport.
• Fully conversant with various Contract Forms and internationally used contract procurement instruments.
• Demonstrable capability to define, direct and coordinate teams of construction personnel in a manner which creates a practical working experience and one which is fully aligned to ATKINS’s defined ethics in business activities.
• Demonstrates a clear intent to adhere and promote the ATKINS “Safety for Life” principals and the adoption of “Zero Tolerance” to accidents and injuries on site.
• Should have handled at least 02 multi-disciplinary projects of similar magnitude, scale and size.
• A positive collaborator who shares knowledge freely and offers support to his peers and seniors
• Recognized as a team leader within a project environment.
• Has a positive attitude and a disciplined approach.