Why join us?
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Vestavia Hills, AL location as a Project Director. In coordination with the Division Manager, the Project Director will be responsible for managing and growing Atkins’ transportation business with Alabama Department of Transportation and local and municipal clients. This energetic leader will work closely with the South/Southeast Division Manager for business strategy, client development, and staff development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a dedicated business builder who will utilize existing relationships to identify and pursue business opportunities.
- Possess a background in winning and serving clients on major projects, a sound technical background, excellent communication and organizational skills and thorough knowledge and understanding of Alabama codes and standards.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, both public and private, as well as representatives of local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Work with leadership to promote design excellence, provide leadership and mentoring while driving the strategic plan for the office.
- Participate in strategic planning for the office to maximize profitability, marketing capabilities, operational efficiencies, and quality.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Leverage existing and develop new relationships to identify and pursue business opportunities.
- Help support other office within the region to fulfill current project needs while planning the future of our Alabama business.
- Lead and engage with personnel by reviewing and evaluating workload, resource planning, project performance, and business development opportunities
- Assists project staff in developing work plans; reviews and approves schedules, budgets, project milestone dates, and work products.
- Oversees financial performance of projects; assists project staff in identifying potential problems to ensure remedial actions are promptly taken to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction.
- Serve as a technical manager and/or project manager for projects; provide technical oversight
- Ensure QA/QC procedures are being implemented
What will you contribute?
- Extensive experience working with transportation design projects for the state Department of Transportation and local and municipal clients.
- Alabama P.E. license and ability to acquire license in Georgia is required.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability.
- Very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs