Project Engineer - Compression
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- Engineer moderate to high complexity skid-mounted high speed compressor packages driven engines or motors.
- Ensure projects are executed within budget and as scheduled.
- Possess experience applying ASME Sec VIII, API 618 and/or API 11P codes to reciprocating compressor package design.
- Working knowledge of ASME/ANSI B31.3, API 660/661, and TEMA codes.
- Working experience with Ariel, DR, or GE reciprocating compressor frames.
- Read and understand common industry and customer compression specifications.
- Generate piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) for process systems, major equipment, and utility systems.
- Size and specify pressure vessels, piping, flanges, valves, and ancillary equipment.
- Interface with I/E engineer to ensure control system requirements are met.
- Review, interpret, and direct design staff on results of pulsation, torsional, and skid studies.
- Direct designers on vessels, piping, skid, G/A, etc designs while performing in the lead technical role.
- Develop package bills of material.
- Strong knowledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow theory, and machine design principles required.
- Utilize common technical project management processes.
- Interface with project managers, shop personnel, supply chain, quality team, and sales departments to ensure compressor performance obligations are met.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
BSME and +5 years’ experience in engineering compression packages