Why join us?
The Project Engineers will report to the Project or Program Manager, as required, as shown on the Program Organization chart. The Project Engineers hold prime responsibility of coordination on their assigned Service Order(s) between all disciplines and functions working on their project(s), and will serve as the focal point for all day-to-day inter-discipline coordination required between: Process, Piping, CSA, Mechanical, Safety Engineering, Electrical, I&C, and Telecom. They will also be the focal point for all functional day-to-day coordination required to execute the work on their project(s) for all activities required in Project Controls, Supply Chain, Engineering Systems and Document Control. The Project Engineer will be supported by the Project/Program Manager, as well as the Engineering Manager in all the required planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing out of the project(s). The Project Engineer has day-to-day project operational responsibilities and project technical responsibilities.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Leading and producing multi-discipline project deliverables, as well as creating and maintaining project lists and logs that are required on the Project(s)
- Developing Project Procedures and Project initiation documents, as well as the Project Specific Work Plan (PWP)
- Providing multidiscipline direction to the engineering team assigned to support their Service Orders
- Raising issues to the Leadership team that including project risks, scope changes, new/changed client requirements, required staffing adjustments, HSE and Quality issues, as well as any critical issues that require support to resolve
- Supporting the Engineering Manager to organize and ensure integrity of the engineering design and attend all design reviews, model reviews, PHA’s, HAZOPs, etc.
- Overseeing expediting of vendor supplied equipment and vendor documents, factory acceptance testing organization and final inspections/witnessing of equipment prior to shipment
- Supports the Engineering manager in assuring that checks of documentation and interdisciplinary coordination is carried out in accordance with the Project procedures and processes
- Coordinates technical and onsite engineering support during construction, shutdowns, and other onsite activity
- Supports the development and the monitoring of the project schedule(s)
- Act as main client interface for general engineering and design functions
- Ensure coordination between disciplines and supply chain to support the overall project schedule
- Supports the Engineering Manager in ensuring that standards and quality control requirements are being adhered to for all deliverables
- Organizes and chairs multi-discipline engineering work meetings
- Maintains actions logs, and holds weekly client interface meetings, and issues meeting minutes as appropriate
- Communicates a common understanding of requirements and scope on the project to the disciplines and functions
- Promotes a positive culture through leadership and communication
- Is committed to continual improvement throughout the project’s life cycle
- Ensures there is clear communication of the project scope, objectives and priorities, to the project team
- Demonstrates a commitment to safety and quality cultures
- Support the development, monitoring and mitigating project risks
- Support the PM in ensuring a scaled process is embedded within each discipline and departments project specific work plan, and is fit for purpose with the work scope and expectations of the client
- Registering, developing actions for, and sharing of, Lessons Learned
- Communicates key project decisions to the leadership team
- Supports resolving key project issues and removal of obstacles to project success
- Executes the project within SNC-Lavalin’s Work Processes and Procedures unless agreed otherwise
- Establishes and maintains client contacts and good working relationships with client representatives to ensure adequate and uninterrupted flow of information between the various SNC-Lavalin groups and the client
- Supports the Project Manager in continuously reviewing plans, project goals and objectives, and devises methods to accomplish them
- Identifies, coordinates and executes the Management of Change systems and procedures
- Develops, reviews and, as necessary, approves key project documents, especially those prepared for client approval
- Coordinates and executes the project through all project phases
- Coordinates and supports development of project cost estimates
- Develop multidiscipline Engineering Work Packages (EWPs) and EWP tracking documents as required
- Represents, as required, the project at project meetings with the client
- Reviews and approves weekly timesheets prior to sending to IOL for final approval
- Coordinates, with all disciplines and functions, new personnel being proposed to be added to support various service orders, and aligns with their client counterpart for approval prior to new personnel working on the project
What will you contribute?
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with a minimum of 5 years EPC and petrochemical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior project management experience and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work on other project participants
- Working knowledge of the company’s established guidelines, procedures and practices as well as other departments, suppliers and contractors
- Working knowledge of planning and control methods
- General understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria
- Proficiency in a variety of standard project management methods and techniques
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Strong team player & ability to handle multi-tasks at the same time
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented
- Sound reasoning ability, high level of self-initiative, strong desire to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- A safe and healthy work environment
Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com