Project Engineer (Manufacturing Facilities)
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Exton PA, and reports to our Project Controls Manager. It is responsible for working with Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, Architects, Construction personnel, Suppliers, and Trade Subcontractors on fast paced technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
As a Project Engineer in SNC Lavalin's Engineering department your typical duties and essential functions will include but not be limited to the preparation, modification, coordination, and/or review of the following.
What will be your contribution?
- Communicates with township and code officials as required during the permitting process.
- Assists estimators to develop construction cost estimates.
- Assists procurement team with buyout.
- Identifies and prequalifies subcontractors.
- Reviews drawings and develop work scopes.
- Creates itemized bid response form.
- Tabulates and descope bids.
- Completes subcontract requisition forms.
- Documents meeting minutes for pre-bid, pre-award, weekly subcontractor, and owner meetings.
- Assists PM/CM to develop and maintain overall project schedules.
- Works with Superintendents and Construction Managers to develop rolling four-week look-ahead schedules.
- Maintains general conditions forecasts, administration and tracking of RFIs & submittals data required for LEED construction Points.
- Fills-in for Construction Manager as required.
- Performs safety audits.
- Assists with commissioning of mechanical/process systems.
- Coordinates project closeout and turnover package.
- Coordinates warranty work with owners and subcontractors.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering.
- 0-5 Years of experience in Architectural/Engineering Industry.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience working with mechanical/process systems.
- Software proficient in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- OSHA 10/30 certification a plus.
- EIT certification is a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Additional hours may be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Travel to client site may be required on a weekly basis. Additionally, some assignments may require being at client sites for extended periods.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs