Project Engineer / Project Manager
Our Project Engineers are exposed to a huge variety of Rolling Stock Projects. Whether we are assisting with acceptance of Driver Only Operation into an existing fleet of trains, support in the investigation of safety critical equipment failures or project engineering support in the delivery of fleet upgrades, we maintain a pride history of delivering projects with the highest level of technical support and expertise in a timely and cost efficient fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond efficiently to client enquiries
- Assist in targeting clients, as per pre assigned portfolios on the basis of developing continued and new business
- Assist in marketing the services of the SNC-Lavalin Atkinsgroup and to compile offers of services to clients
- To ensure that work is completed on time, to budget, and to the client's satisfaction
- Create, manage and maintain effective cross-functional, interdepartmental relationships to ensure the organisation delivers the most valuable service to customers.
- Accountable for proactively identifying and resolving key safety risks in all relevant projects.
The successful candidate will have experience supporting projects in the Rolling Stock domain either in a new build, maintenance or operating capacity. You will have an excellent understanding of Rolling Stock, their due diligence and of the UK Rail Industry as a whole. You will likely possess a degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience and preferably be a member of the Association of Project Management (APM).
You will possess outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal as you will be continually interfacing with external and internal stakeholders alike.
Our Project Engineers and Managers all need a degree of flexibility regarding flexibility to travel as our work sees us support clients across the UK and sometimes overseas.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical cashback reimbursement schemes, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.