Project Finance Controller – Bangkok, Thailand
Job Title: Project Finance Controller – Bangkok, Thailand
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
Support Senior Project Manager in financial and commercial matters and actively drive the project’s performance, managing the unit cash flow and profitability, responsible for local unit reporting, aptitude for the local country Thailand compliances related to Corporate Affairs, Taxation etc.
(A) Project Specific.
1. Project execution: Provides input to the Project Execution Plan on financial aspects. Prepares project invoices, financial accounting and reporting including project site accounting. Manages project cash flow, net working capital and oversees currency risk and tax issues end to end. Overall receivables and payables management. Is responsible for the correctness of project balance sheet and income statement as well as for cash flow, revenues and monthly/quarterly forecast.
2. Monitoring and review: Participates in opportunity/risk identification, monitor that all required mitigation actions are timely implemented. Supports the Project Manager in coordinating and preparing monthly project reviews. Participates in preparing the Project Cost Report/ Estimates. Verifies the substance for cost to complete. Establish Site Controls and Site process for expenditures and booking.
3. Commercial terms: Provides support on claim management, back-charges and insurance cases and monitors the proper follow up together with the Contract Manager/Project Manager up-stream (towards customer), side-stream (towards consortia partner) as well as down-stream (towards contractors and suppliers).
4. Compliance: Supports the Project Manager in adherence to: corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, group charter, country specific finance directives and instructions.
(B) Unit and local Compliances
Tender stage: Supports the tender manager on financial aspects. Provides input to negotiations on commercial issues. Provides input in local risk review process. Manages local unit profitability, cash flow. Monitoring of Selling and General Administrative Cost, booking discipline of time sheets. Facilitating internal control system within the processes, related approvals and documentation. Flair for handling local corporate requirements like finalizing of Accounts, Audit etc. and filing reports under local Thailand Laws. Flair for handling direct and indirect tax matters under local Thailand Laws. Flair for Treasury and forex at working level.
(C) Leadership Roles and Responsibilities, Challenges
Result Orientation, Self-Drive and ability for problem solving. Ability to work in unchartered new environment, accepting challenges, able to standardize and define processes. Adapt to any changes locally, globally. Strategic Orientation, ability to manage Project and Unit financials, de-risking the entity operations through process monitoring, checklist. Teamwork and Collaboration. Ability to work and guide teams. People & Process Development- Customer Orientation
(D) Knowledge and Skills
1. Should have a bachelor’s degree and a qualified Chartered Accountant or a Cost & Management Accountant or Certified Accountant (as the case may be) or Master/ Post Graduate in Business Management (Finance & Accountancy) from Institute of repute.
2. Should have project specific experience for a minimum of 5 years in preferably a similar industry. Should have working knowledge of Unit functioning and has a flair of corporate and taxation compliances. Should have conceptual clarity with an ability to learn, adapt and implement.
To know more about Linxon click on the Video link below: