Project Manager - Education / Leisure / Healthcare Sector
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded project manager to:
- Lead and provide effective delivery of Project Management services across a wide range of market sectors
- Support Senior Project Managers on complex multi-faceted projects
- Provide support to PM Team Leaders as required on all business issues
To join us you’ll need:
- A relevant construction qualification and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institution ie. APM, CIOB or RICS.
- Experience of both pre and post contract project management responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients.
- Experience of both public and private sector clients.
- Experience in working on projects within the Education Sector.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- A general knowledge of current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to effectively chair and minute meetings.
- Collaborating with other disciplines and the client's representative.
- Having specialist knowledge.
- Keeping abreast of relevant legislative changes.
- Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings, resource requirements and inter-trading.
- Controlling workload and resources.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Well established commitment to the profession and proven ability in effectively delivering projects and associated services.
- Knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Practical understanding of commercial processes and profitability.
- Experience of successfully managing clients' and their expectations.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense.
- Should have the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative.
- A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable, whilst highlighting potential new or repeat business opportunities.
- Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
- Delivers - you develop delivery plans for projects, involve others and ensure objectives are met. Adaptable - you challenge the status quo and perform to a high standard in an uncertain environment, in pursuit of performance improvement.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.