Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
At Faithful+Gould, we believe that in today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where world-class talent knows no distinctions and is empowered to realize their full potential as important members of our team.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager with experience managing the delivery of projects in any or all of the following sectors; Education, Corporate real estate, Commercial, Healthcare, Local Authorities, Central Government projects (ideally inception through to completion) and building strong client relationships within the region. The role will require a good understanding of contract administration pre and post construction phase. The role will be based in our Birmingham office
The successful candidate will:
- Draw upon a proven track record to lead projects within their experience sector or sectors.
- Continually strive to improve the business value proposition and develop knowledge and expertise within the team
- Help to develop new business opportunities, with the assistance of senior colleagues whilst deepening key client understanding and relationships.
- Candidates are expected to come from either project management, employer’s agent or development management backgrounds.
Reporting into the regional project management team, you will be responsible for building long term, sustainable team relationships with our clients. You are expected to have:
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision for delivering projects including pre and post project stages.
- Be the ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession, and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core expertise.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Have an up to date and developing knowledge of a range of building contract forms including JCT and NEC.
- Competent in the review, critique and management of construction programmes
- Competent in the MS Office suite of programmes, including MS Project
- Deliver projects to satisfaction of our clients on programme within the agreed cost and quality parameters
- Administer various construction contracts
- Managing interfaces with design and construction teams
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction
- Assist in business development and/or account management activities
- Participate in marketing and thought leadership campaigns
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management
- Enhance the reputation of our business
- Increase our share of the client’s spend
- Build client relationships and harness opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations
- Proven track record to manage projects for or on behalf of local or national clients
- Chartered with RICS, APM, CIOB, RIBA or similar, or working towards and degree qualified in a construction related subject
- Ability to team build
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Project, programme & cost management
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development, and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to provid
Project, programme & cost management
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development, and assessment of our staff, we provide cutting-edge e
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs