This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Education & Skills:
- Must have an Engineering and/or Project Management qualification
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a management role specifically within O&G
- Must have a background working with both greenfield and brownfields construction projects
- Experience with shutdowns and maintenance projects
- Must have a solid contractual background
- Must be Computer literate (MS Office)
- Must have knowledge of MS Prima Vera and MS Project
- Leadership and management ability
- Client centric with the ability to continuously build and improve relationships
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbal
- Must have good communication skills
- Conduct, develop and implement plans of action to meet client’s needs. Exploring the client relationship and developing a partnership as to meet client’s needs but keep Company out of risk and in a profitable position
- Take responsibility of any special engineering, design, location or scale factors affecting the project, by monitoring projects and solving problems proactively
- Scrutinize contract documents and identify and interpret the implications of any special features. Ensuring the content of the contract is fully understood and eliminating any areas of risk by setting up procedures to do so
- Set up contractual documents for approval in accordance with procedures and authority of responsibility. Producing contractual documents for any variations, sub-contractors and future prospects
- Establish budgets and controlling of such budgets to meet maximum profitability – compile CCS for projects and ongoing work and monitoring them
- Establish site establishment and services. Requisition of all site establishment and services and ensure that services are utilized and maintained
- Control total services on site, as QS, construction, estimating and engineering
- Ensure that all information is available to planners and detailed plan is drawn up. Set up procedures to ensure information is channeled to Planning Department and monitor such procedures and reports
- Authorize and agree to plan prior to construction together with a timetable for scheduling and completing the project.
- Identify and account for any deviations from the program and determine what corrective action is needed.
- Structure procedures for identification of activities for specific computer monitoring. Developing procedures with QS, planning and engineers on computer monitoring of all activities as to highlight any problems or deviations and action taken
- Ensure that systems for the recording and reporting of work are compiled and material and equipment movements are adhered to
- Establish guidelines for the handling of variations by setting up procedures
- Design the formulation of all payments, particularly with regard to the size, make and presentation of special evaluations
- Responsible for anticipating or identifying all circumstances justifying special evaluations
- Ensure that all contract close-out arrangements are honored
- Reports on progress in detail and at intervals determined by his supervisor
- Liaise with and ensure co-ordination with other divisions and departments
- Authorize all requisitions and ensure that all appropriate documentation is attached and procedures are adhered to
- Keep abreast of technical and commercial developments in contracting and related fields
- Log time and costs incurred in performance of his duties against the relevant specific projects.
- Responsible for the development of his subordinates and their training to ensure maximum performance by evaluating subordinates and ensuring their development by training them or sending them on training that is required
- Responsible for safe operations of all staff on projects
- Control industrial relations on site and liaise with the Labour Department on problem areas
- Formulate and control procedures to ensure cash awareness and a positive approach on projects at all times
- Monitor and control sub-contractors, consultants and vendors by holding updated meetings regularly and monitoring progress and consult on any changes
- Ensure that sub-contractors to be used by the project team are properly vetted and QA procedures are adhered to by sub-contractors
- Ensure that schedules and targets are met and that on-site estimating is carried out correctly
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
In Terms of the SNC-Lavalin Employment Equity policy, preference will be given to applicants who are disabled or from a previously disadvantaged background. If you have not heard from us within one month of your application, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs