Project Manager – Offshore Wind
Project Manager – Offshore Wind
Epsom, London, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow
With UK offshore wind targets reaching 30GW by 2030, and similar ambitious goals in other emerging countries, Atkins is well positioned to deliver market leading engineering solutions to clients around the world. With a track record underpinned by over 45 years of offshore engineering, we are well positioned to service our global clients and develop innovative design solutions to remain at the forefront of the Offshore Wind sector.
Atkins has been involved in nearly 60 offshore windfarm developments around the globe, we have fully designed 19 offshore substation projects over 300 offshore WTG foundations (both monopiles and jackets) for both fixed and floating substructure, we are involved in the daily structural integrity management of over 1000 WTG structures and have experience on 11 floating offshore wind projects.
Our current portfolio of projects spans around the globe, from the US to South Korea whereby we are actively working on some of the most challenging foundation solutions the offshore wind sector has experienced.
We are now in the position whereby we need to grow our existing multi-disciplinary team to enhance our capability and service offering, as such we require Project Managers at all levels to join our Offshore Wind team to assist the delivery of our global portfolio of projects through various levels of development (conceptual, FEED and detailed design projects) for major offshore wind assets together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades
What you’ll be doing
Atkins is a fast paced, innovative, and exciting environment to develop your career, that offers excellent opportunity to work on global offshore wind projects whilst having a direct impact on the environment that surrounds us. The right individual will play a key part in maintaining our best in class reputation and be part of an integrated team.
Traditionally, our capability has been focussed on the UK waters however in recent years, we have secured a global presence with projects in France, Germany, Taiwan, China, Australia and the US.
Our work is roughly divided into two categories: design and consultancy. As we grow we need people who can work in both areas.
The ever-changing conditions of Offshore Wind Industry means we need individuals who can adapt, change and thrive when working in dynamic environments. Our global opportunities and innovation initiatives will allow you to excel and build upon your strengths as we continue our growth into existing and exciting emerging markets.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for project managers at various stages in their careers to support small consultancy commissions through to leading multi-million pound design projects.
For all types of work we are looking for the following attributes, proportional to the role sought
- Leadership and Communication
- Drive safe practices and lead by example in all safety matters
- Improving the efficiency in the delivery of projects
- Lead by example in setting and maintaining high standards of quality
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate clearly, confidently, concisely and effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Adaptability and resilience
- Willing to share knowledge and able to provide training and mentoring to junior engineers
- Client focussed with a proven ability to maintain existing and develop new client relationships
- Experience in Offshore Wind for major offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI
- Experience in managing various types of projects including consultancy commissions, portfolios of projects, concept studies, FEED and detailed design projects
- Awareness of offshore wind development drivers for design and asset operation
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Track record in delivering multiple types of offshore wind projects including monopiles, jackets and floating
- Ability and track record in managing resources across multiple delivery locations to create high performing teams
- Ability and track record in delivering projects schedule and budget
- Ability to foster relationship through solid key account management practices
- Solid understanding of project control practices: cost management, scheduling, risk and opportunity management, change control, contract management, forecasting and estimating
- Experienced in leading bids and delivering bids
- Able to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders as required
Atkins Engineering and Consulting business is delivering engineering, design and consultancy solutions to the Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind sectors all over the world. Merging original thinking with our experience from 60 years in the energy industry, we help transform the potential of existing infrastructure as well as new resource sand technology. We listen and lead across boundaries, bringing lessons learned from one industry or discipline to another to help realise our client’s vision. We deliver what we say we will, building relationships based on trust and integrity: there when we’re needed, fast; committed for the long term; adapting to changes and leaning into challenges.
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the energy sector and deliver outstanding projects and be part of the solution to delivering Net Zero. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
Training and Development
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.