Project Manager - Rolling Stock (Derby)
Thanks to some exciting growth in our Rail Consulting business, we are now looking for a Project Manager to aid in the delivery of some challenging Rolling Stock projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the delivery of assignments in the Rolling Stock Projects team.
- Work closely with the Team Leader and Section Heads in the UK Projects Team to Deliver Client Service Excellence.
- Support colleagues and provide informal mentoring and support as required. (no direct line management responsibilities)
- Contribute towards the production and update of client development plans for a group of key clients.
- Contribute towards the delivery of company sales and profitability targets.
- Maintain professional expertise by participating in an approved Continuing Professional Development Scheme.
- To mange or support tasks as allocated by the Team Leader for clients, including estimating, tendering, planning and execution.
- To ensure that work is completed on time, to budget, and to the client’s satisfaction.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with SNC-Lavalin Atkins' procedures, including quality procedures and safety management system.
- To review and develop processes and systems to optimise efficiency and cost effectiveness of the Projects Team
- Maintain and continue to develop your personal network.
- Create and maintain reporting processes and systems to ensure line manager is kept fully up to date with work progress.
Essential Experience & Skills
- The successful candidate will ideally be an accredited Project Manager with significant experience in leading rolling stock projects and/or project teams either in a new build, maintenance or operating capacity.
- Previous team management responsibilities.
- A good working knowledge of the UK rail industry
- A good understanding of Rolling Stock
- A good understanding of the processes associated with train procurement and contracting strategies
- A good understanding of due diligence activities associated with Rolling Stock assets
- A good understanding of the UK Franchising process and associated activities
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Membership of a Professional Body is an advantage
- Project Management experience and Membership of the Association of Project Management (APM)
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.