Why join us?
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine Hitachi ABB Power Grids deep technological knowledge and SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offering for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and delivering the highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects. As a leading engineering company, we help our customers with turnkey substation solutions in the field of power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a new company as it evolves and help shape it for the future. If you like new challenges, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are interested in working with other motivated professionals with expertise in the Substations EPC business, then this is the new opportunity for you.
To know more about the Linxon please click on the link below.
Purpose of the Job:
Project Planner takes full responsibility for several construction projects (EPC). In this client-facing role, your contribution will be crucial for the successful execution of our projects from tendering to project closeout through providing guidance to the project manager and the project team. You are responsible for preparing and continuously monitoring the program to accurately reflect progress, to identify critical paths and to ensure action plans are developed and implemented anticipating and resolving bottlenecks and issues in a proactive and timely manner.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Implementing and maintaining the company’s Integrated Project Controls System.
- Working closely with project management and other project stakeholders.
- Supporting, training and mentoring the project planner community.
- Reviewing the project scope and contract documents, identifying schedule optimization potential.
- Developing project WBS and progress measurement templates including s-curves.
- Developing base line schedules using the full capabilities of scheduling software.
- Leading interactive planning sessions with the project team.
- Producing Master Project Schedule Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Incorporating schedules from subcontractors and consortium partners into the Master Project Schedule & report on performance of subcontractors and partners.
- Performing Schedule Risk Analyses.
- Identifying schedule slippages along with the root causes and mitigation options, communicating them effectively to the project team.
- Deploying Earned Value Management to monitor progress, to identify deviations and to propose mitigation actions.
- Supporting the Change Management process and ensuring all changes are incorporated into the Master Project Schedule.
- Developing What‐If‐Scenarios & recovery plans due to programmer slippage and change requests.
- Supporting the preparation of EOT and cost claims, variation orders and claim reviews.
- Produce & submit Schedule Delay Analysis reports.
- Assisting project management to develop and enforce lessons learned within the company and contributing to Linxon’s worldwide development, assisting other regions to build a strong knowledge network.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 7 years of relevant job experience with graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s) or 10 years with undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS).
- Extensive experience in Project Controls especially project planning and scheduling.
- Advanced Primavera P6 knowledge and strong knowledge and expertise in standard industry planning and scheduling tools.
- Experience in establishing schedule baselines.
- Proficient in Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Experience in EPC contract execution and construction management.
- Field experience.
- Related work experience in Energy sector.
- Risk management experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong and effective communicator.
- Develop good working practices and continually strive for improvements in cooperation with other project offices.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to travel.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Schedule Risk Analysis software experience.
- Oracle Primavera P6 Certification.
- Proficient Primavera Risk Analysis / Industry standard Risk analysis package.
- Certified Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP), Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent credential(s).
- Related work experience in offshore Wind and Rail sectors.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now.
At Linxon, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Linxon, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs