Project Risk Coordinator
Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a Risk Coordinator to join our growing team. You will assist with the planning, coordination and documenting of the proposal and project risk management process. Using your interpersonal abilities and facilitation skills, you will support the Project Risk Manager to ensure that risks are identified, evaluated, mitigated and monitored following corporate policies and procedures.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Support the proposal and project risk management process, as described in the risk management plans
- Perform risk management activities in compliance with best business practice and corporate procedures
- Utilize corporate systems and tools to support processes
- Assist and, when required, lead risk identification workshops with multiple levels of the organization
- Conduct risk evaluation using both qualitative and quantitative analysis methods
- Work with management and, as required, subcontractors and joint venture partners to develop problem solving risk mitigation
- Partner with project teams to monitor risk mitigations
- Work closely with planners to understand delivery expectations, identify potential risks and link risks to schedule activities
- Liaise with the Engineering Risk and Insurance group to establish insurable risk profile
- Maintain a project risk register and ensure that the project risk profile is accurate and current
- Prepare internal and external progress reports to multiple stakeholders
- Provide risk management training when required
- Continuously look for improvements to the risk management process
- Support the team when project is peer reviewed
- Generate lessons learned reports relating to risks
What will you contribute?
- 0-3 years of experience in risk management and 3-5 years of combined experience in the Engineering and Construction industry
- Experience in Project Controls, Commercial, Major Engineering-Construction Project considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with one or several software suites such as @Risk from Palisade, Stature Risk Management, Active Risk Manager (ARM), and/or Primavera risk analysis (PRA) an asset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Persuasive strength with ability to motivate and lead
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some Business / financial knowledge
- Previous experience working on a mega project (+ $500 Million) an asset
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com