Project Scheduler (Construction)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Ft. Lauderdale, FL Project Controls Group as an Project Scheduler (Construction).
Provide project scheduling and cost estimating support to Project Managers to help meet contract schedules and budgets and/or assist in the research and review of data for construction claims analyses.
- Prepares construction cost estimates for design projects by analyzing quantity take off's, pricing, and contract specifications.
- Develops estimates, change orders and reports for management's cost/scheduling projections.
- Prepares daily/weekly project schedules for various department managers.
- Prepares construction critical path schedules using contractor experience production rates to determine accurate duration of activities.
- Updates project estimates as needed.
- Plots schedule drawings using plotter and/or P.C.
- Prepares miscellaneous reports and correspondence to support project managers in the development of contract change orders, manpower allocation plans, etc.
- May research, compile and review data for construction claims analyses.
- May perform such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline plus three years' relevant experience, or two years' experience since Master's degree.
- Ability to use computer, printer, plotter to prepare accurate reports and supporting documentation. Familiarity with applicable software.
- No certifications required at this level.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize plotter and computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles