Why join us?
The Proposals Group serves all lines of business in Infrastructure Engineering Central and Western Canada. The group’s objectives is to: increase win rate for selected and larger proposals; deliver compliant proposals within budget and on time; implement and continuously improve an effective, consistent proposal process that adheres to SNC-Lavalin’s policies and procedures e.g., LOAs, QMS, etc. and share best practices for bid preparation and management within the broader operations.
The group focuses on proposals that meet one of the following criteria: Over $1M contract value; Key Account; Projects/clients identified in your strategic/business plan; multi-year/complex MSA.
We are growing our proposal team to provide timely, comprehensive proposals to our existing and prospective clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced Proposal Coordinator to join the Shared Service Proposals Group.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordinate and facilitate the planning, development and production of proposals
- Establish and manage proposal schedules, assignment matrices, and compliance matrices
- Set up and support proposal kick off meetings, schedule and facilitate ongoing proposal coordination meetings
- Communicate verbally and in writing with proposal participants to track tasks against the schedule
- Identify, manage and escalate/resolve issues that may impact the proposal’s schedule or quality
- Liaise with internal departments to manage the completion of forms for compliance with SNC‑Lavalin’s internal proposal process
- Coordinate/support completion of graphics, writing, formatting, and editing
- Conduct line by line edits of proposals
- Be a champion of the team’s tools and systems to develop proposals
- Support training initiatives as required
- Additional responsibilities as determined by your manager
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Engineering/professional services proposals coordination
- Advanced listening skills with a demonstrated ability to accurately summarize information provided in interviews and meetings
- Expert MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with MS Visio is an asset
- Graphic design experience is an asset
- Experience with Adobe InDesign is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or a similar document management system
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of professionals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to be diplomatic and fair-minded
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, superior editing skills
- Willingness to work in a collaborative setting, in teams or independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work overtime if necessary to meet deadlines
- Experience working towards firm deadlines
- Must be able to create aesthetically pleasing proposals and informational material, format, insert photos/graphics, manipulate layout, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time
- Excellent written skills in English and verbal communication skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com