At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value collaboration, integrity, respect, and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering firm.
Reporting to the Proposal Manager – Vancouver, the role requires a detail-oriented and highly organized professional with a desire to work in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. We are growing our proposal team and are currently seeking an experienced Proposal/Graphics Coordinator with a strong creative vision, who can write, illustrate, and produce complex, multi-volume Technical Responses. The chosen candidate will communicate clearly and persuasively to clients and colleagues, building upon their exceptional skills and learning from various proposal disciplines.
To perform this role successfully, the Proposal/Graphics Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the planning, development, and production of proposals
- Set up, manage, and administer SharePoint sites for proposal function
- Establish and manage proposal schedules, assignment matrices, and compliance matrices
- Set up and support proposal kick-off meetings and schedule and facilitate ongoing proposal
- Identify, manage, and escalate/resolve issues that may impact the proposal’s schedule or quality
- Liaise with internal departments to manage the completion of forms for compliance with SNC‑Lavalin’s internal proposal process
- Develop branding for complex consortium submissions
- Analyze RFQ/RFP bid requirements to ensure graphics are compliant to the Technical Response
- Collaborate with Proposal Team editors to ensure graphic compatibility is achieved throughout the proposal
- Accountable for proposals with minimal support: solving complex problems by identifying new perspectives and solutions to overcome design challenges
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the Proposal Manager
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in proposal coordination and graphic design
- University degree or certificate in business, communications, marketing, or related field, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Expert in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (advanced knowledge in grammar, spelling, and syntax)
- Proficient in Microsoft Sharepoint or a similar document management program
- Understand corporate brand management and the importance of brand development
- Must be able to translate business information into aesthetically pleasing proposals and informational material
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time
- Willingness to work in a collaborative setting, in teams or independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of professionals at all levels of the organization
- "Roll up the sleeves" attitude and a high level of creative energy and enthusiasm
- Advanced listening skills with a demonstrated ability to accurately summarize information provided in client RFQ/RFP documents
- Demonstrated ability to be diplomatic and fair-minded while remaining calm under pressure
- Experience working towards firm deadlines
- Strong layout and formatting skills
- Ability to work overtime, if necessary to meet deadlines
- French fluency is considered an asset but not essential.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.