Why join us?
We are hiring! The Proposal Manager has the responsibility of managing all phases of the company’s proposal process and oversees all proposal activities to develop RFP-compliant, competitive, and quality marketing materials, proposals, statements of qualification, and presentations.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Business Development Group as a Proposal Manager. This position can sit in any of the following offices; Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Houston TX, El Paso, TX, San Antonio, TX, or Norman, OK.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- PURSUITS. Full ownership and leadership of proposal development, strategy, and delivery.
- Work with capture managers and pursuit team to develop pursuit strategy & win themes, marketing campaigns and proposal management plan.
- Follow Atkins North America and industry best practices in proposal development.
- Evaluate and understand client requirements for incoming Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Market Surveys and Sources Sought.
- Develops compliance matrices and ensures client requirements of each solicitation are fully satisfied.
- Plan, schedule, budget, outline, and lead storyboard and text development, management reviews, and proposal production.
- Provides high impact, compelling writing on sections of the proposal and customizes projects, resumes, and other text to be tailored to the client/pursuit objectives.
- Assemble appropriate authors, section and volume leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs) and other support personnel to successfully develop a compliant and winning proposal.
- Perform research and interview staff to help write/translate complex concepts into a narrative that can be understood by non-technical readers. Direct and manage pursuit team efforts overall.
- Coordinate proposal information with any subconsultants.
- Lead teams through strategic reviews (pink, red, green, gold, and IQR) and recovery.
- Mentor assigned pursuit staff, including technical staff, proposal coordinators, and content specialists, by advising on and reviewing proposal management plans, schedules, outlines, compliance, matrices and storyboards, proposal process, strategy.
- Coordinate all graphics and document layout through the graphic artists.
- Produce, package and track the proposal for delivery, ensuring that the proposal submission deadlines are always achieved.
- Lead development of PowerPoint presentations and coordinate any leave-behind materials with the graphic artists.
- Ensure the proposal closeout process is complete.
- Supports work-sharing to balance workloads.
- Lead internal lessons learned debrief. Identify weaknesses in a document and creative ways to improve. Ensure project manager conduct a client debrief; captures information in Vision record.
- MARKETING. Assist in the development and maintenance of marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, presentations, project layout sheets, resumes, print-on-demand sheets, etc.
- OTHER. May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary relating to proposal efficiency improvement projects. May establish staff performance goals and objectives commensurate with market goals.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related major, plus four years’ experience within the firm or in a similar technical/marketing environment. Without a degree, fourteen years of relevant experience is required in addition to appropriate knowledge and skills leading proposals in the industry.
- Experience leading pursuit responses from prepositioning through to proposal submission and interview. Experience managing teams to deliver by established deadlines.
- Strategic thinker; has understanding of how to develop winning content. Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, motivate professional staff, and lead teams. Strong grammar, spelling, composition, and proofreading abilities. Job requires detail orientation and the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of a deadline-driven environment with a high consequence of error (which may result in the loss of considerable revenue to the firm).
- Computer skills required and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Vision Deltek, and other software programs.
- Understanding of A-E and project management industry standards and disciplines. Can translate abstract ideas or narrative text into graphical concepts to illustrate concepts more effectively. Works independently, yet functions effectively as a member of a team.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs