This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the worldâs most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Business Development Proposals Group as a Proposal Manager. This position can sit in our Henderson, NV, Denver, CO, Charlotte, NC, Orlando, FL, Miami, FL or Atlanta, GA Office.
- The proposal manager has the responsibility of managing all phases of the companyâs proposal process and oversees all proposal activities to develop RFP-compliant, competitive, and quality marketing materials, proposals, statements of qualification, and presentations.
- Work involves knowledgeable application of quality control as well as standard procedures and criteria to the coordination of proposals which are of critical importance to the firm.
- Follows processes and procedures to support the production of compliant, quality proposals. Work involves the application of quality control as well as standard procedures and criteria to the coordination of proposals which are of critical importance to the firm.
- Prepares the Proposal Management Plan that includes schedule, budget, and compliance matrix. Leads storyboard and text development, management reviews, and proposal production.
- Manages pursuit schedule and budget.
- Assembles appropriate resources for the pursuit team. Coordinates with authors, section and volume leaders, subject-matter experts (SME), proposal writers, and other support personnel to successfully develop the pursuit.
- Performs research and interviews staff to help write/translate complex concepts into a narrative that can be understood by non-technical readers.
- Leads multi-color strategic reviews and IQR.
- Prepares the Presentation Management Plan that includes schedule, budget, outline, and presentation logistics. Leads storyboard and presentation development and practice sessions.
- Leads internal lessons-learned debrief. Attend and ensure project manager conducts a client debrief.
- Performs proposals closeouts.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related major, plus four yearsâ experience within the firm or in a similar technical/marketing environment. Without a degree, fourteen years of relevant experience is required in addition to appropriate knowledge and skills leading proposals in the industry.
- Experience leading pursuit responses â the larger and more complex, the more experience required.
- Experience managing teams to deliver by established deadlines.
- Strategic thinker; has understanding of how to develop winning content. Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, motivate professional staff, and lead teams. Strong grammar, spelling, composition, and proofreading abilities. Job requires detail orientation and the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of a deadline-driven environment with a high consequence of error (which may result in the loss of considerable revenue to the firm).
- Computer skills required and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Vision Deltek, and other software programs.
- Understanding of A-E and project management industry standards and disciplines. Can translate abstract ideas or narrative text into graphical concepts to illustrate concepts more effectively. Works independently, yet functions effectively as a member of a team.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles