QA Specialist - RFR (Procurement)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Quality Assurance Specialist reports to the RFR Project Quality Manager, you will be responsible for planning, performing and documenting surveillance activities on a Supplier.
- Planning, performing and documenting surveillance activities on a Supplier by verifying and witnessing / observing their fabrication, inspection and testing and reviewing supporting documentation and records to ensure that specified requirements are met and maintained.
- Notify the Project Quality Assurance Manager and Quality Assurance Lead about any condition that may require the issue of a Stop Work Order providing all information relevant to the conditions adverse to quality and request direction on how to proceed.
- The Quality Assurance Specialist is also responsible to generate and submit for filing in SLN
- Project Documents Management Control all the records related to the quality surveillance activities (Significant correspondence, QS Plans, QS Records, etc.)
- Performing audits and assessment as assigned by Project QA Manager
- University or college degree in Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years practical working experience in a relevant nuclear field
- Qualification as NDE L2/L3 inspector is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of procedures, processes, equipment and techniques
- Working knowledge of CSA N 285.0, CSA Z 299 and CSA N286-05 and ASME codes
- Good understanding of relevant CANDU systems, and retube technology
- Good knowledge to write procedures and review documents on a technical level
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and effectiveness in interpersonal relationships
- Basic computing skills and functionality with standard Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Outlook,
- Excel, PowerPoint)
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences