Qualified Architect - Leeds
Architect (Delivery Architect with design skills) - Leeds
Atkins’ combines the best in architecture & engineering to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or developing clever solutions for clients, Atkins prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate design teams are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives. We have a keen and astute eye for design and technical quality, ensuring we deliver fantastic projects that inspire and delight our customers.
Due to our current opportunities and strong pipeline of future work we are looking to recruit a Qualified Architect, to further expand our Building Design teams in Leeds. This opportunity would ideally suit someone looking to work in a collaborative environment where they will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and to take real responsibility throughout the full design lifecycle.
Our teams work on a number of projects across sectors including education, regeneration, commercial, transport, energy, defence, as well as heritage and urban redevelopment. Our breadth of work across these sectors means there are plentiful opportunities to gain vast amounts of experience as well as offering the opportunity to find your niche! We are considerate to people’s ambitions and needs, and always seek where reasonably possible to ensure everyone has the opportunity to grow and develop.
- Taking ownership of individual schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
- Ensuring design responses are deliverable and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords.
- Preparing quickly feasibility options for various projects and working with other disciplines to test the validity of designs.
- Preparing concept scheme designs from Client briefs.
- Client facing responsibilities.
- Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media to both clients and your peers as part of our review processes.
- Working as part of a team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
- Qualified Architect, ARB registered. RIBA registration desired.
- Architectural experience within sectors such as healthcare, Education, Commercial and Urban Redevelopment.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects on-site.
- Able to deliver projects in a traditional and D&B contract environment; contract administration experience;
- Passion for design and interest in developments within the Architecture industry.
- Proficiency in Revit is essential.
- Must be Adobe Suite proficient i.e. InDesign, Photoshop and illustrator.
- Must have 3D modelling skills. Sketchup and Revit required.
- Experience of producing concept designs.
- Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate.
- Able to participate in design and technical review amongst your peers.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.