Quality Assurance Coordinator – Civil TransitNext
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line. We are looking for an ambitious civil engineering student to assist us in the fall/winter term as a Quality Assurance Coordinator – Civil! Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
- Work closely with Quality Control Manager, Project Engineer & coordinate with Subcontractors on any Site related activities and issues.
- Prepare Site Report which includes project status (issues, Inspection requests).
- Prepare Site Observation Report for surveillance performed in the project.
- Conduct project quality control and checking the quality processes, procedures and paperwork.
- Ensure compliance with the project Inspection and test Plans and provide updates to the Quality Management Team.
- Participate in investigating, assessing and finding solutions for improvements for any process gaps/issues that affects the project; work with project team and/or functional areas in addressing preventive action (PARs).
- Support the project team with expertise in Quality Control.
- Work with project team and/or functional areas in addressing nonconformities (NCRs).
- Conduct quality reviews on inspection and test plans (ITP) and provide feedback to construction.
- Participate in construction kick off meetings to present quality procedures and ITPs and clearly define Client expectation from subcontractors with regards to quality requirements of the work.
- Ensure that any material quality issues are addressed by vendors in coordination with Supplier Quality team and Procurement personnel.
- Train/orientate project team members on the Quality Plan processes and procedures.
- Participate in the implementation of Quality work instructions for the project.
- Interest in working in an EPC, Quality Control/Quality Assurance environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a construction environment would be considered an asset.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles