Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
- Provides guidance and support on all mandatory quality deliverables from suppliers including Project Quality Plans (PQP) Inspection and Test plans (ITPs) and required documentation.
- Complete regular and scheduled supplier and site visits to conduct audits of the quality plans and appropriate standards.
- Aid the quality manager in developing the project specific Manufacturing Assurance Plans (MAP) and the Master Inspection and Test Plan (MITP)
- Liaise with the appropriate disciplines to review and highlight the necessary intervention points on the supplied ITPs both equipment and civil.
- Provide guidance and support on quality deviations including Non-Conformance reports, Request for Information RFIs provide feedback on the corrective actions implemented to prevent re-occurrence together with driving improvement using 8D.
- Where required and highlighted, attend manufacturing surveillance and compile report accordingly
- All defects/ snags highlighted and recorded during manufacturing or Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) have been closed before equipment is permitted to leave the factory.
- Intervene when the quality of work is at risk or has been compromised and escalate accordingly
- Provide the required training, support and guidance to the project team and supplier / contractors on all quality related activities involved while always promoting the Nuclear Safety Culture.
- Represent the quality department in site or supplier meetings or with the client.
- Cascade the appropriate documentation from suppliers to the site installation teams.
- Lead promote and support cost reduction through the supply chain with the focus always on quality.
- Promote a right first-time culture and understand key risk areas and highlight room for improvement
- Liaise with supply chain to audit new potential suppliers and offer recommendations and improvements where required.
- Together with suppliers install, maintain and strive to improve key performance indicators
- Liaise with suppliers and planning to help create and monitor manufacturing programmes report and investigate any deviation
- Promote a close working relationship with all departments and suppliers including procurement and engineering
- Ensuring that product conformance and the process controls within the supply chain and making sure the cascading of the business and the customer quality requirements is correct and adhered to.
- Lead investigation into root cause analysis and implement long term strategies that will address failures in the supply chain
- Ensure that End of Manufacturing Reports (EOMR) are completed and accurate.
- ISO 9001 :2015 Internal or Lead Auditor trained
- Practitioner or chartered quality professional (CQI) desirable
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and ability to review, generate and advise on key quality documentation including Project Quality plans, Inspection and Test Plans
- An ability to be able to communicate at all levels as the role will entail attending client meetings, training and making presentations to project teams together with supplier interface.
- Knowledge and experience High Voltage substation equipment would be a distinct advantage.
- Six Sigma green belt would be advantageous.
- The individual must be highly organised and have the ability to multi task as you will have the responsibility for planning and completing many tasks simultaneously.
- Computer literacy to include Microsoft Office skilled in Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge of SharePoint would be an advantage.
- Although the role is based out of the Birmingham office the role will involve extensive travel both UK and oversees approx. 70%.