Quality Assurance Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins business seeks a Quality Assurance Specialist to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Provides Quality Assurance (QA) support to ensure compliance with requirements and objectives and analyzes QA data for trending performance and continuing effectiveness of the QA program.
- Administrator for the corrective action program and configures, troubleshoots, and maintains the software used in the implementation of the condition reporting process.
- Develops and provides training on Quality Assurance-related topics (e.g., use of condition reporting and tracking software and causal analyst qualification)
- Develops and revises quality-related plans and procedures.
- Provides periodic reports to management and the client regarding the status of condition reports and associated corrective actions.
- Maintains knowledge/qualifications on quality methods and techniques.
- Supports staff with QA services, as requested for management assessments and surveillances.
- Coordinates the Corrective Action Review Board.
- Functions as Lead for software QA implementation and maintains the Software Registry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of NQA-1, DOE O 414.1D, and 10 CFR 830 Subpart A.
- Ability to analyze historical data for trends and to produce charts/graphs illustrating analyses.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Knowledge of assessment/audit practices and causal analysis techniques.
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems.
- Associates or Baccalaureate degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ job-related experience, of which 3 years are nuclear.
- Experience in developing and maintaining database applications required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
- US citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.