Rail Operations Modeller
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are looking for a Rail Operations Modeller to help us respond to the future challenges and opportunities in the railway sector. The role will be based in Derby (although there is flexibility on this for the right candidate) and you will be a member of our multi-disciplinary operations team; there will be a requirement to travel to our client offices and other Atkins offices throughout the UK.
We have a growing capability within rail operations simulation and this role is required to allow us to deliver more work in a more timely and effective manner, and allow us to react more flexibly to clients requirements. Our preference would be for the successful candidate to be trained and familiar in the use of Railsys, however we have the ability to provide training which would be focused on supporting a basic user of the system improve and enhance their capabilities.
This role is a key element in our strategy to grow the Operations & Performance team within the Transport Consultancy and Advisory practice of SNC-Lavalin/Atkins and you would be joining one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies, helping us to support our clients in the rail industry to realise their vision and achieve success from their capital investment programmes delivering railway solutions worldwide.
• Detailed knowledge of the UK Rail Network including its structure and the interfaces between organisations and industry bodies, geography, systems and operations
• Experience of using RailSys or an alternative market leading rail simulation tool
• An understanding of the fundamentals of track layout design along with signalling principles
• Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• A power user of Excel with working knowledge of PIVOT table
• Ability to work on multiple tasks or projects and prioritise effectively
• The ability to work both individually and effectively within a team
• Detailed working knowledge of principles of Timetable Planning Rules and the ability to construct high level timetables
• The ability to manipulate large data sets and text files, experience of computer programming using VBA, Perl, C# or a similar software package
An undergraduate or higher qualification in a transport related discipline
• Knowledge and hand on experience of rolling stock diagramming and or train crew diagramming and rostering
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.