This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is a people business. We know that our success is due to the hard work and dedication of our worldwide team of experts. From our offices in the UK, Europe and around the world we seek technical excellence and innovation, with the goal of exceeding the expectations of our clients on each and every project. We are proud to have created a collaborative culture and continuous learning environment in which our people thrive, and we’re always looking for talented professionals to join our team.
On this occasion we’re inviting you to join us as a Resource Lead within the Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) division as part of the Resource Management function in resourcing all potential and assigned projects across our large client base. Reporting to the Resource and Operations Manager, you will be part of a resource management function that provides maximum possible benefit to the needs of the business.
ADS&T operates a variety of projects for our clients, either at their sites or in our offices. Our main locations are Cheltenham, Bristol, Aldershot and London, with the majority of our delivery activity in the south west, so the role would ideally be based in Bristol, but travelling to other locations as needed, and making full use of technology to support our operations.
The ADS&T Resource Lead will be responsible for:
- Ensure resourcing activities meet with and integrate with business objectives.
- Advise and deliver best practice in resourcing.
- Monitor, measure and report to the Resource Manager on resourcing issues/ activity.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for resource management.
- Make decisions on resourcing issues and escalate where appropriate.
- Liaise with the business to ensure all necessary needs of resource management are addressed and to ensure the RM processes, purposes and achievements are communicated.
- Understand individuals’ skills and abilities to enable better matching of resources onto projects.
- Respond to changes in business requirements in a timely and cost-efficient way, working collaboratively with stakeholders across different teams to build the most effective solution.
- Provide input into the recruitment of resources to match account demands by working closely with our Recruitment CofE and liaising with the ADS&T and Contingent Recruitment Partners.
- Get involved with ad hoc bid work
- Extensive strong and proven resource management experience.
- Previous experience of managing resources and resource allocations, matching individuals to requirements.
- Previous resource management experience within a Consultancy environment and/or Defence sector would be an advantage.
- Able to understand resource skills requirements within the business.
- Understand the consultancy process and competent in the basic consultancy skills of client management.
- Solutions orientated.
- The ability to deliver in a fast pace and hard environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working across a range of sectors, with a network of contacts.
- Demonstrate experience and professional maturity. Assertive and diplomatic. Understands political context.
- Team player, contributing to the overall success of ADS&T.
- The ability to operate with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Excellent communicator, capable of building relationships with clients, team members, Account teams and stakeholders across the Atkins business.
- Ability to deal with issues with sensitivity and discretion.
- Ability to work within a performance management culture – results-oriented.
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.