This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We're looking for someone who has an appetite for resource management, internal staff mobilization delivery, and people growth, specific to project & operational management — as soon as you solve one complex conundrum, you'll move onto the next and like nothing better than challenging goals to overcome by applying smart resource to overcome these problems. You are a high energy, natural team leader and motivator, with a demonstrable aptitude for risk and innovative thinking.
Reporting to the Transportation Director of Operations, the Resourcing Manager will be responsible for partnering with the business and creating an enduring, successful internal resource management process, by ensuring the provision of the right person, at the right time for the right project.
- Ensure that internal resource mobilisation activities meet with and integrated with business objectives.
- To advise, deliver & share best practice for resourcing across the Project Delivery business, supply chain & commercial practices, as well as the wider Atkins businesses, where appropriate.
- To accurately track all business resource allocations and regularly report to the Directors and Managers on resourcing issues/ activity.
- To provide management information as agreed and required with the UK business. It is expected that each business will provide information in a consistent format.
- Forge long term, mutually beneficial relationships with local practice staff and wider Atkins colleagues, specific to the management of internal resource.
Market specific support
- Partner with the market teams to help drive informed decisions on resourcing issues/challenges communicated by the business.
- Ongoing coordination with the markets to ensure all resource demands are satisfied or escalated as well as making sure the RMS processes is followed and understood.
- To be the first point of contact for all resource related queries from the Markets for PDD, Supply Chain and commercial.
- To maintain & increase a network of contacts across the markets (including client managers and directors) to ensure pipeline of potential opportunities are regularly updated and proactively managed.
- To maintain up to date knowledge of market resourcing demands and work with market stakeholders to manage expectations.
- To respond to changes in market requirements in a timely and cost-efficient way, working collaboratively with stakeholders across different teams to find the most effective solution.
Business specific support
- To work with Directors and Managers to understand individuals’ skills, mobility and aspirations to enable better matching and mobilisation of internal resources onto projects.
- To work with Managers to ensure allocation data is accurate and any changes are known in a timely manner.
- To maintain data (view) of the forward workload of billable resources for a minimum of a 6-month period.
- To produce productivity forecast reports for the relevant business for a minimum of 2 months.
- To allocate staff to bids and other non-fee earning activities as appropriate and agreed with Managers.
- Provide input and work in partnership with hiring managers and wider recruitment function to help ensure the recruitment of key resources match market demands.
- To accurately maintain (and help develop) all resourcing databases and spreadsheets for the business.
- A keen interest resource mobilisation.
- Extensive strong and proven resource management experience.
- Previous experience of managing internal resources and resource allocations to projects, varying in scale and size, and matching individuals to requirements.
- Previous resource management experience within a management consultancy, engineering or technical environment would be an advantage.
- Able to understand resource skills requirements within the business.
- Understand the consultancy process and competent in the basic consultancy skills of client management.
- Knowledge and experience of working across a range of sectors, with the ability to network and quickly build stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrate experience and professional maturity, assertive, diplomatic and understands political context.
- The ability to operate with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Excellent communicator, capable of building relationships with clients, team members, various account teams and stakeholders across the wider Atkins business.
- Ability to deal with issues with sensitivity and discretion.
- Ability to work within a performance management culture, and therefore results-oriented.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles