Safeguards & Security Deputy Manager/Security Operations Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Safeguards and Security Deputy Manager/Security Operations Manager in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Participates in the hiring process that ensures positions are staffed with personnel who possess the appropriate education and experience and who can be successful in meeting training and qualification requirements that ensure personnel are appropriately indoctrinated and trained to the necessary competence level for performing their duties.
- Manages the activities, professional development and performance of personnel performing work within their respective department.
- Assists the Safeguards and Security (S&S) Manager in coordinating the S&S activities providing security operations oversight of those activities consistent with requirements within the cost and schedule baseline.
- Responsible for developing, administering, implementing and verifying the requirements of the S&S Program, ensuring that proper levels of protection are provided to prevent unacceptable, adverse impact on nation security or on the health and safety of DOE and contractor employees, the public or the environment. Recommends modifications as needed to the S&S manager.
- Provides direct supervision and coordinates the activities of the Security Operations staff, i.e., Technical Security Administrators, S&S Supervisors, and the Security Operations Specialists- Vulnerability/Risk Assessments.
- Prepares and implements the Site Security Plan (SSP), provides input for the ORNL Performance Assurance Program Plan (PAPP), and provides oversight for development and implementation of vulnerability/risk assessment activities, ensuring that these documents are current with DOE and contractual requirements and that these documents are updated at least annually, recommending changes as needed to the S&S Manager
- Prepares and implements development, revision, and verification of implementation of security modifications and keeps other ORNL security contractor organizations informed as needed.
- Ensures physical security deviations, variances, and exemptions to DOE requirements are current and valid.
- Interfaces with first-and second-line DOE, Protective Force, and ORNL Site Contractor S&S representatives.
- Meets weekly with the Protective Force Group Leader ensuring close coordination between the Project and the Protective Force
- Represents the Isotek security interests at the Security Integration Process Team (SIPT) meetings.
- Serves as the S&S Manager in his/her absence.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Technical knowledge and experience relating to S&S DOE directives and their application to nuclear material safeguards, physical security, and protective force operations.
- Ability to perform professional-level work meeting cost and schedule.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills.
- Baccalaureate in security related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in DOE S&S.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Human Reliability Program (HRP) certification.
- Has completed appropriate security training in the following key program elements: Program Planning and Management, Physical Protection, Protective Force, Nuclear Material Control and Accountability, and Information Security or possesses equivalent experience.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal Background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
- US Citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles