Section Leader -Geology and Geotechnics
Section Leader -Geology and Geotechnics
This position is based out of our office in Lysaker, and reports to the Technical director. It is responsible for producing and leading discipline related services, providing business and operational leadership, the ideal candidate will have superior experience and knowledge in disciplines as geology, rock engineering, geotechnics, with excellent team forming and training skills.
Atkins Norway offers consulting services in the following areas: Geology, Rock Engineering, Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
Due to increase demand and upcoming infrastructure tenders we are looking to recruit a Technical Lead Geology and Geotechnics.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Geology, Rock Engineering, Pre-Grouting, Tunneling, Geotechnical engineering, project leadership, and collaboration with staff and managers in other company business units
- Contributing in developing and executing annual business and pursuit plans for developing new business opportunities and growth, including cross selling of services
- Participating in or delegation of participation in local professional and/or business associations
- Acting as a key technical geotechnical resource providing technical direction on and/or senior review of projects and proposals
- Ensuring projects are adequately resourced and supported. Identifying and mitigating at-risk projects. Managing own projects
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of existing and emerging opportunities, trends, regulatory requirements and best practices
- Analysing and preparing competitive proposals, recommendations and reports for projects relating to foundation design, slope stability, road and railway structure design, earth pressures, materials testing, and other geotechnical related projects
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and instructing others
- Providing practical and economic solutions to clients that differentiate the team
- Contributing to the overall strategic development of the geotechnical team, including growth, profitability and supporting the development of new processes.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Geotechnical Engineering with Master’s degree in Engineering Geology, Rock Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering is preferred
- NTNU or Norwegian University Engineer is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years (Principal role) or 20 years (Chief role) relevant industry experience, since graduation, in Geology, Rock Engineering or Geotechnical engineering related services included but not limited to laboratory testing schedules, geological and geotechnical interpretative reports, tunnelling, rock support and pregrouting design, various types of foundations design and settlement assessment, slope stability analyses, road and railway geotechnical design
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with rock mechanics and Norwegian pregrouting and quick clays
- Experience on linear infrastructure projects and familiar with Norwegian rock and geotechnics applicable codes including Banenor’s Tekniskregelverk, SVV relevant handbooks and guidelines, NVE guidelines and applicable Standard Norge Standards.
- Demonstrated local market knowledge and an established presence and reputation within the local geotechnical consulting and client network
- Demonstrated record leading project teams
- Demonstrated successful track record with business development and proposals
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, project management skills
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills in both Norwegian and English
- Valid Norwegian driver’s licence with a clean drivers’ abstract
- Must be able and willing to travel for project work away from the home office.
Local candidates will be preferred, and no relocation package will be offered.
At Atkins Norway, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.)
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs