Security Vetting Administrator
Security Vetting Administrator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
EDPM is the Engineering, Design & Project Management sector of SNC-Lavalin. We plan, design and enable the delivery of complex projects and major programmes across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Primarily made up of Atkins, including Faithful+Gould, we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and partners.
SNCL Atkins currently have an opportunity for Security Vetting Administrator Role in our Epsom office.
This role is a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 6 months with a possibility of extension.
The Vetting Administrator will provide a comprehensive case management service within the Security Vetting Team – providing the customer with advice and guidance on the end to end clearance process. The role holder may be required to work flexibly across other teams within HR Operations.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Deliver end to end clearance application process for both major projects and individual clearance applications.
- First point of contact for all new hire candidates who require clearance and be the main contact between the business and the candidate.
- Chase delayed applications, responses, references etc for all clearance cases. Escalating issues to the line manager as required, ensuring agreed service levels are maintained.
- Ensure accuracy of documentation received from employees, following up on any omissions before forwarding paperwork to the clients or other contracting authorities.
- To take ownership for allocated cases within the case management system ensuring agreed service levels are maintained.
- Carry out administration of security clearance transfer process.
- To be responsible for administration of the security clearance renewal process for your allocated cases.
- To manage the administration of the ‘leavers’ process for your allocated cases.
- To be responsible for the administration of your allocated cases for airport security passes.
- Deal with requirements when advised of ‘Change to Personal Circumstances’.
- Notify external authorities of staff clearance details, as required.
- To deal with allocated cases for DBS checks i.e. request and confirmations, renewal etc.
- Log incoming post on the case management system, on a rota basis.
- To be responsible for review of new e-mails/queries and follow ups received in the case management system, on a rota basis.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
- Carry out other administration tasks as required.
- Possible ad hoc support for other HR Operations teams if needed
- The Vetting Administrator will demonstrate:
- Strong administration experience
- Strong customer service skills including effective use of the case management system
- An ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines with limited supervision
- A professional manner and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Able to use own initiative and prioritise
- Flexible “can-do” attitude and approach
- Confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically
- Strong computer skills across the full range of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and the use of mail merge
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Willingness to travel to other Atkins sites if necessary
- National Security Vetting will be required to undertake the role
- Not essential but it would be desirable to have some experience working within a security vetting role
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
ATKINS recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
For confidentiality of applications please email Ponnamma Belliappa - Recruitment Lead - Corporate
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs